Ch. 2: Crushed

After the talent show, other people started being kinder to me. The rush that I felt while performing on stage, and the gratification that I got from Tooru made me want to improve my vocals and dancing.

I begged my father to sign me up for dance and vocal lessons. Originally he said no, but then we struck a deal once I said I would improve my grades. The same rinse and repeat followed throughout my second year in middle school.

-study/homework
-vocal and dance lessons
-hang out with besties

The beating in my chest kept increasing whenever Tooru was near me. I wished that we could hold hands and kissed, but I was too nervous to express that. I loved the fact that I was the only girl Tooru trusted to show his real feelings to. Normally he's pretty two-faced; which I can relate to. I don't blame him for saying the things that people want to hear. Hajime calls him garbage, but I just couldn't see it.

In our last year of middle school, I continued to watch their practices. Tooru told me that there's an annoying brat who's joined the volleyball club. It seems that this kid really gets on his nerves, but I don't really see what the issue is.

It seems that I wasn't the only girl that's decided to watch Tooru and Hajime practice. The bullying didn't lighten up either.

My vocals and dancing have vastly improved as well, and I've decided to take on the challenge of learning the guitar. While I've been working on my musical skills, Oikawa has been getting more and more attractive with each muscle he gains, and each inch he grows. My height isn't so bad either- compared to the other girls at school that is. I'm only about 5"5 feet tall.

Throughout that year of middle school, I could tell Tooru had changed. He was dealing with fangirls constantly, which often interrupted our time together.

"Oikawa-kun~~! Why are you so handsome!" A few girls squealed while we passed by.

"It's all natural baby~!" He did his classic wink with his tounge sticking out of his smile. This action practically gave those girls a heart attack. I felt jealousy grow deeper in me.

"Hey Tooru...are you interested in anyone right now?" I asked cautiously

"Huh? Why are you asking?"

"I'm just curious." I said sipping my apple juice.

"No I'm not. I'm way too busy with studying Shiratorizawa and their ace, Ushijima." He bluntly stated.

"Hm...oh yeah you got the best setter award the other day!" I said shifting the topic, "you looked so happy!"

Tooru grimaced, "If I didn't wise up about my team mates, that damned brat would've taken my place." He threw away his milk bread wrapping. I could tell he was in a bad mood today.

"By the way, where's hajime?" I asked, just noticing the absence of my short tempered friend.

"He's on cleaning duty." Oikawa sighed, then grabbed my apple juice and took a sip from it.

An...indirect...kiss

BA-DUMP

My heart began beating so fast and loud that it felt like everyone else could hear it as well. Tooru side ways glanced at me, and smiled.

"Sorry that I drank the last of your apple juice," he paused. "It's just that I've been in a bad mood recently. I'm worried about my match against Ushijima in the next tournament.

"Oh yeah...your tournament is this saturday right?" I said snapping back to my senses.

Tooru nodded slightly.