Ch.6: New Beginning

We both stepped out on stage.

"Arui Mitsuki, (L/N)(Y/N), since you both are outstanding singers who prefer working alone, we've decided to give you both a special assignment as a duo.

We glanced at each other briefly and returned our gaze to the chairmen.

"This will not only test your resourcefulness, but also your cooperative skills as well. These will both be valuable assets to have in an idol since we need more brand deals for the company." He briefly took a short breath and continued, "So, getting to the point, you both will watch a video displaying one our most profitable duos we have in the company. The two girls who you will be watching have been best friends for years, and we want you to perfectly perform their song and dance as if you had that bond."

Well, he did say that we would get a very special audition..

"So off you two go." We were ushered into a movie screen room, and then handed a remote to control the paused video.

"Hm. I think it's best if we quickly review our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to dancing and singing." I spoke, very clearly determined about passing this test.

"That seems like a good idea..." We both stood there for a few moments

"Well I'll go first..I'm best at singing medium-notes, some high-notes I can hit as well based off of the beat and tone of the song. My weakness is in really low pitches, since my voice gets really shaky. My dance moves are alright, but nothing to really brag about either." I finished.

"My strengths in signing are...high notes, but sometimes my voice gets real squeaky if I'm not careful...and my dance skills are the reason that they even let me get this far..." she clenched the fabric of her dress tightly.

I smiled, "you'll get wrinkles in that beautiful dress of yours if you clench so tightly." I took the remote and pressed play.

We made sure to use the best of out of our time, but I could tell that her nerves aren't so easily washed away. I bit the inside of my cheek from the anxiety of the situation. I had to get past this audition, to prove that dumbass wrong about me..

》》》》》》》》》》》》》

"You ready..?" She managed to speak out.

"As I'll ever be!"

We both walked out onto the stage, and were ready to give the best performance that we could.

The speedy beat to the song began to play. Luckily we managed to memorize the correct words and dance moves in time.
Break down!

"Break down! Sou ne? Binetsu no choukou
Motto chikaku ni oide
I know!! Watashi ga naoshite ageru

Soko ni suwaru dake demo wakaru
Kimi wa yabai joutai nanda yo
Mune ga (atsui) mune ga (kurushii)
Yatta ne (toutou) koi ni ochita ne

Yagate...
"Futari kiri ni naritai byouki" ni naru
Amai kusuri wo agemashou

Beat in Angel
Tanoshiku na are sono bakagiri demo
Maji!? Angel
Watashi no hari itaku itaku shinai
Yasashiku mitsume aeba shibireru Passion
Nigerarenai kakugo shite yo
Hanemamire Angel Beat!!

Oh, baby! Dance dance Angelic!!
Wow...

Datte! Ugoicha dame
Gyutto dakishime chau zo
You know? Kiken ni takamaru kodou

Tada no tomodachi ja irarenai
Kimi wa mazui shoujou nanda yo
Toiki (midare) toiki (ayashii)
Yatta ne (saa saa) koi wa douka ne

Izure...
"Kuchibiru wo ubaitai byouki" ni naru
Tsuyoi kusuri wo agemashou

Love in Angel
Hageshiku na are toraware no yokan
Maji!? Angel
Watashi no te ga sotto sotto furete
Muchuu ni sa setaku naru ichizu na Shy boy
Nigasanai to iwa setai na
Kimagure na Angel Love!!

Beat in Angel
Tanoshiku na are sono bakagiri demo
Maji!? Angel
Watashi no hari itaku itaku shinai
Beat in Angel
Tanoshiku na are sono bakagiri demo
Maji!? Angel
Kimi to watashi yabai mazui abunai
Yasashiku mitsume aeba shibireru Passion
Nigerarenai kakugo shite yo
Hanemamire Angel Beat!!

Oh, baby! Dance dance Angelic!!
Oh, baby! Dance dance Angelic!!
Wow... "

The song had finished. Arui had dancd perfectly, as if she was made to be a dancer. Compared to her, I think I looked like a floundering fish.

The judges clapped and we both awaited our scores.

"Both of you passed." The main judge said.

"You'll both be in the same idoling group, so please go to the room down the hall with a golden handle." He spoke.

We quickly exited the stage, and saw that they were very well serious about us passing. We high fived
each other.

"We did it! We're gonna actually start training!" Arui hugged me. "Please call me Mitsu-chan if that's all right..."

"No problemo" I opened the door to see three other girls standing there.

"Wow so you must be the other two members?!" One orange long hair spoke. "Gah! That means this the whole group! I'm so nervous!" She spoke to herself. "I'm Shimizu Kaho!"

The mature one, stepped forward. "I'm Ritsuka Mai, I look forward to working with you." I looked to the one that looked like a grade schooler.

"I'm Osu Nanami." She huffed.

"Shouldn't you be in class right now kiddo?" I patted her head,

"I'M THE SAME AGE AS YOU!" she shouted. We all laughed at her childish behavior.

"I'm (L/N)(Y/N), and this is Arui Mitsuki." I introduced the both of us.

"I'm so excited! We're all so talented and pretty! I can't wait!" Kaho was definitely a high energy type of person. Mai-chan was obviously going to be the leader of the group, no doubt. Then of course Nanami...I hope she hits puberty soon

These years were going to be rough, but I was sure that I would get through them no sweat.

At least I hope..