XVII

Sunday arrives with a fluttery feeling in Jisung's gut and a blush on his face, a welcome bliss after the endless bore of Saturday.

Jisung responded almost immediately to Minho's morning text, trying not to screech at the fact that the older wanted to see more of him. They had made plans over text for today, and Jisung is just hoping that it can go perfect. But for now, rather than worrying, he has to get ready to pick Minho up after his unavoidable class.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He finds himself waiting for Minho outside the building where his class is for two hours, every window and bush outside of it etched into his mind with familiarity by now. He could paint it from memory, were he an artist.

When Minho comes out of the building with the flood of other students at the expected time, and his eyes land on Jisung, he lights up and a big smile spreads across his face. Jisung loves Minho's smile. He loves that he can make him smile at all, especially like this. All of his smiles are nice, of course, and they all stir things in Jisung's chest, but this one-- the pure joy of seeing Jisung-- just makes everything seem so much lighter, like he could float away if he's not careful.

He waves at Minho as the other boy approaches him, shoving his hands back in his pockets immediately as the biting cold wind sweeps across them. His face is surely bright red, and he's happy to see Minho can only take partial responsibility for that. It's downright freezing today and the wind isn't helping. He's wrapped up in his big padded black jacket, his beanie, and the giant scarf he bought on impulse last year. It's downright ugly, a mottled mix of browns and oranges and beige. He loves it.

"Look who actually showed up!" Minho speaks through his smirk, "Good to see that you've dressed warm, because It's freaking freezing."

Minho, however, simply wears his usual black athletic jacket he's been wearing since it got colder. It's definitely not suited for this kind of cold.

Minho shivers, futilely trying to zip his jacket up despite it being as far up as it will go as he comes up to stand in front of Jisung. "I'm a dumbass."

"Why didn't you wear a heavier jacket?" He tilts his head. Hyunjin had actually popped in this morning to remind him to wear his padded jackets after he saw the weather. And to deliver a cheesy mock-cheek kiss to Jisung, which he made fake gagging sounds towards.

"Here."

Jisung sheds his outer jacket, a shiver running down his spine as a gust of wind blows through Minho's hair.

"I don't want to take your jacket, Jisung," Minho looks apologetic. "Then you'll be cold."

Jisung just stands, still as a statue, holding out the coat for the older to take. It's clear that he isn't going to give in anytime soon, so Minho grabs it with cold hands, shrugging it on. As Jisung is now content, they start their planned walk to the cafe, as planned earlier.

Minho has been throwing glances at Jisung every time he shivers, until his body finally betrays him. The older reaches out his chapped, slightly shaking hand toward Jisung, holding it open like a question. Jisung stares for a moment, then just grabs it and slips his chilled fingers in between Minho's.

Once again, he's glad that he has to wind to blame for his bright red cheeks.