20

Katelynn

I know this is a stupid plan, but maybe Amanda will say something to me first if we're in the same room alone so I follow her into the kitchen

I go right to cups and grab one and start filling it up when to my surprise she actually does say something.

"You're Katelynn right?" She asks innocently.

"Um, yeah" I say taking a sip of my drink. Good thing i'm getting tipsy cause this conversation is going to be bad I already see it.

"You're the groupie hanging around the band aren't you? Tylers told me so much about you" She grins evilly.

"I'm their friend, not a groupie. What are you talking about" I question. This bitch can't be serious.

"Yeah, Tyler thinks you're obsessed with him and clingy, it's a real shame too cause he's with me now, hate to break up your little fantasy or whatever. Anyways, just wanted to properly introduce myself, since we'll be seeing each other around often" she quickly turns on her heels and walks back to the backyard.

I stand there for a couple minutes in shock. So this is what heart break feels like? This is the feeling i tried to avoid my whole life. This is why boys are a no in my book. Luke was so right.

I chugged the last of my cup and poured another one, i can feel myself getting more drunk but I don't care I need it now. I need to forget.

I take my drink and head back to my seat out back and instantly feel my heart drop when I see Tyler has yet again vanished. I look at all my friends sitting and laughing and take another big gulp of my drink.

I want to go over and sit with them and enjoy the rest of my night, but when I see Tyler and Amanda off in the distance only inches apart talking, tears instantly fill my eyes and i quickly turn around and bolt. I run upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom and just let myself cry.

Not even a minute after I hear a knock on the door.

"Go away!" I cry and pick myself up off the floor.

"It's Luke"

My heart drops and i begin to sob even more.

"What?! Come to rub it in my face?" I snicker as i swing the door open.

"Kate, I don't even know what happened i just seen Tyler go after Amanda and then you walk outside and then you took off crying" He says looking me straight in the eyes the whole time.

"Look i'm not here to say I told you so no matter what happened, I just can't let you be upset on your own" He signs and pulls me into his arms. He locks the door and sits us on the floor with me across his lap.

"He- he- You were right Luke." I sob into his chest. "That bitch! He picked her, he picked-I'm so dumb"

Luke shushed me and ran a hand through my hair and I honestly could not have been happier that he followed me right now.

"It hurts Luke" I cry and he nobs and holds me tighter.

"Why don't we get you home, alright?" He says and i nod in agreement. He picks us up off the floor and we head towards my car.

He gets in the driver seat seeing as he's a lot  more sober than me (Don't drink and drive kids) and he heads towards my apartment.

"Kate" He signs and I wait for him to say something else.

"I'm not rubbing it in by any means, but i warned you and i'm so sorry he hurt you" he says gripping the steering wheel righter "I just want to beat the shit out of him even more now"

"It's okay Luke" I say softly as we pull up to my apartment. "Can you stay?"

"Do you want me to?"

"Yes" I barely whisper "please"

He nods and we get out of my car and walk into my apartment.

"Go get in bed, i'll bring you some hot tea and ice cream and i'll try to cheer you up, I promise i'll still make sure you have a good night" He laughs and pushes me into my bedroom.

A couple minute after I get into some comfier clothes and climb into bed Luke bursts through the door with popcorn, hot tea and Ice Cream. He hands me my tea and sets the food on the bed in front of me.

He sits down next to me and pulls out two spoons from his pocket. I laugh at him and take a spoon and instantly dig into my ice cream.

To say the rest of my night was amazing was an understatement. We watched movies, ate all the snacks in my apartment and fell asleep.

I fell asleep in his arms. His arms felt like the safest place on the planet right now. They were so comforting and he was so warm. His chest felt like a cloud to my head and I was in pure bliss. Completely forgetting I had my heart shattered a couple hours ago.

Maybe Luke isn't so bad after all.

•••

MY HEART😍
Anyways i'm having the most creativity right now with this book i've never written so easily so I hope somebody out there is enjoying it! x

~December 2019