Let Me Go {N.M}

{Listen to the youtube audio while reading the story}

Melissa
I walked down the sidewalk, my thoughts filling my head, it was raining and dark, I was at the end of my fight. I watched as the people rushed to shelter as the storm started getting louder. I shuttered at the sound of the loud bang of thunder. That's when I  bumped into him, Nick. Tears began to rush down my face, The one thing I had asked of him was to not follow me.
I had had enough, he wanted me to be better, to do more, to change. I changed enough and the stress started consuming me. He said it'd be better for me, i'd help me. I got up from the cold wet concrete, I began to run past the people that had been running the opposite direction. I heard him calling after me, pushing through the crowd of people.

Nick
"Melissa!" I shouted pushing through the crowd of people, I saw her looked back at me over her shoulder the tears streaming down from her eyes. I loved her more than anything, I truly didn't mean anything, I was being to hard on her. "Just leave me alone!" she shouted still running.

Melissa
He doesn't want me happy, he doesn't want me fixed, He doesn't want me better, he just wants me broke. The tears began to cloud my vision. I ran and ran and ran. Until I escaped the crowd, it was quiet and dark, I sat on the steps of some old apartments watching as the cars drove by. I shivered, my nose started to run and my fingertips became numb.

Earlier that Day
Melissa and Nick had been in a heated argument when she'd found a pair of shoes under the bed that didn't belong to her. She'd confronted Nick about it but of course he denied.

"LIAR!" She shouted throwing the shoes and his back. Nick turned to face her in disbelief.
"Melissa, I already fucking told you. What do you want me to fucking say?!" He said getting frustrated that she didn't believe his words.

"I want the truth Nick!" She said, her voice cracked as she failed to stand her ground. "That's the truth. I don't know where they came from." He was determined to keep his story, he wasn't about to give it down now.

"Let me see your phone. If you're telling the truth, give me your phone." She said wiping the tears from her eyes. "I don't have to prove shit to you." He said kicking the shoes in her direction.

"Fine!" She stormed up the stairs in a fit of heated emotions, she began throwing his belongings out from the closet down the stairs. "What the fuck! Stop!" Nick said trying to gather his things.

"No! Fucking leave, I don't want you here." She said still emptying the closet. Nick rushed over to her grabbing her arm stopping her from throwing his things. "DONT Fucking touch me!" She shouted as she tried to escape his grip.

She smacked him straight across the face. He let go of her arm and rubbed his face, "Goddamnit Melissa! Let me explain!" Nick said now trying to justify his actions. Melissa faced him and crossed her arms.

He took a deep breath, "It was a one time deal." She shook her head breaking down, she pushed past him walking down the stairs. "Melissa wait!" he said chasing after her.

She turned around the tears pouring out from her eyes. "Was I not good enough for you? huh?" She said her voice cracking. "We never talk, Mel, you're always busy." He said as if his words would calm the situation.

"BECAUSE I WORK! I WORK NICK! WhILE YOU SIT HERE AND DO WHAT?!" Melissa said now screaming. "I'm trying!" He said throwing his hands up in defense.

"Listen! Maybe if you weren't on my ass all the damn time about finding a job I wouldn't have to rely on other women, She, she's here for me she listens, she cooks and not shitty meals like yours, she actually puts effort into it. Maybe if yanno, you just were home a little more, i'd be happy." He said not realizing what he was saying and how much it affected her.

To Melissa it felt like a stab in the heart, she loved him so much, and to find out her best wasn't the best for him hurt the worst. "I'm sorry, that i'm not good enough, or that i'm not here for you, i'm sorry that i'm trying to be a good wife and raise 2 kids while working 2 jobs and going to school alright? Im sorry that you're unhappy." She said sliding the ring off her finger. She placed it in her pocket, "And most importantly i'm sorry for you, for your loss. Don't follow me, you'll find someone better." she said as she ran out of the house.
"Wait please! let's just-" he said following after her.