Must Have Been The Wind (N.M)

Nick
It was Wednesday, March 18. I was already in been, ready to fall asleep, when i heard the glass shatter. It sounded like it was coming from the floor above me, i shook it off but then i started to hear a muffled cry. It sounded like a girl. Now i'm too worried to be sleeping. So i got up still in my red, plad pajama pants and walked down the hall to the elevator. I walked to what i hoped to be her apartment door and knocked. She opened up so i asked about the things i was hearing, but she said, "I think your ears a playing tricks on you." she laughed softly, i noticed her sweater had been zipped all the way up to her chin, a poorly covered bruise laid on her face. "But thanks for carrying sir that's nice of you, but i have to go back in." her voice was shaky, it seemed like someone was standing right behind her. "Are you sure you're okay, it sounded like something broke earlier i just wanna-" she cut me off and waved her hand, "Wish i could tell you bout the noise but i didn't hear a thing." She said, "It must have been the wind" with a small smile she closed the door. The words repeated in my brain, 'It must have been the wind' "Must have been the wind?" i questioned myself as i walked back to my apartment room.
-
I was laying on the couch watching TV, but i just couldn't stop thinking about what she said and how scared she seemed. But i didn't want to intrude cause i knew that i didn't have all the fact. But i couldn't bare the thought of leaving her, so once again i took the elevator to the 2nd floor, i walked down the hall and hesitantly knocked on her door. The door creaked open and there she was, "Are you sure you're okay, i kept hearing screaming and arguing last night then just a bang." i said, she shook her head, "I already told you, it must have been the wind." she went to close the door but i stopped it with my foot, "It must have been the wind? Ma'am that's not-" i was cut off once again her eyes she'd a tear and it looked like someone tugged on her hair, "It must have been the wind." she whispered then the door shoved closed.
-
I sat in my room, analyzing all of our encounters, earlier that day i left a letter by her door, it was filled with encouraging words and at the bottom in small letters was my apartment number.
-
I heard a knock on my door, unsure of who it was i opened it and smiled seeing the same girl, she was wearing distressed jeans and a black zip up hoodie,
"I promise i'm not playing tricks on you, you know you're welcome to come in?" i said offering her to come inside, she nodded and walked inside, she sat down on my couch her hands were shaking. I got her a cup of coffee and handed it to her, "You can stay here for an hour or 2 if you ever need a friend." she took the cup and nodded, "I just came to say that i'm honestly fine and he, i mean i don't want you showing up to my door anymore." she said softly, i nodded understanding, "We can talk about the noises when you're ready, but till then i'll say it must have been the wind." She smiled and let out a sigh of relief, "It must have been the wind." she nodded her smile growing slightly wider as she placed her hand on mine.