Chapter Twenty-Four

lol remember when Peggy was alive? also hi I'm alive. sorry I've been gone. also my apologies for the spelling errors on the last two chapters o wrote them the night before my d.c. trip and I was both nervous and tired and excited.

anyways, enjoy the chapter.

John's Perspective

Oh wow, it's been a hot while.

Anyways, I'm just walking home from Lafayette's house. We were just hanging out and stuff, since we're friends and that's what friends do. Hercules was there too, but he left earlier than I did.

Originally, we were going to invite Alex along but he seemed a bit busy lately so we just decided not to all together. Besides, he's probably having a good time with Eliza right now.

They're probably off watching some movie and having a nice date or something like that I don't know. I'm not sure what couples do, alright? It's been a while since my last relationship.

Besides, the relationship didn't last that long anyways and she and I became friends. So I don't exactly...have experience.

Anyways, it seems that I've reached my house. That's pretty cool I guess. I open the door and I hear my siblings being loud, per usual, and my mom talking to my dad from over the phone.

I head upstairs to my room, giving just a smile to the siblings I pass by on the way.

I enter my room, closing my door halfway. I say hello to Anthony the second, and sit on my bed, grabbing my uke.

I position my hands in the right places, and I strum up and down. It's been a while since I've actually sat down and done this. This as in, just sitting down and playing my ukulele for myself.

Not to cheer up anyone or not to teach kids. Although, neither of those things are bad things. It's just nice to do this for me.

I play the little bit of Elvis's I Can't Help Falling In Love With You that I know how to play before setting my uke down and laying down on my bed.

It's been a nice day so far, and I'm sure nothing can ruin it. Hopefully!

Lemon Boy and me started to get along togetheerr

Oh, why is Alexander calling? I mean, I'm not mad, just confused. I pick up my phone, answering the call.

"Alexa-"

"Can you...Can you pick me up? Please..." Alex cut me off, sounding a bit broken. Man, he seems really upset. I'll have to ask him once I get him.

"Where are you right now?"

"N..New York General Hospital. I'll be...waiting outside of the main building..." He said, before hanging up.

Oh dear, I really hope nothing bad happened to him.

I pull up to the main entrance of the hospital, and just as he said, Alex was waiting out front. He sat down in the front seat, not saying a word.

I drove out of the hospital and back onto the road.

"So, any reason you asked me to pick you up?" I asked him, breaking the silence.

He's not exactly...responding, just looking out the front window not saying a word. I'll take that as a "I'm not saying."

I continue driving, neither of us speaking. Finally after a few more minutes, he speaks up.

"Can you.....take me to your house? I really don't want to go to mine today." He says softly, still staring at the window.

"Sure thing." I reply, and we continue driving. I don't want to ask him too much, since I respect his privacy and stuff. So we just drive in silence, thinking our own thoughts and stuff.