01.

senior year -- jooheon was sure it couldn't get better than this. initially he had been so concerned with what the year would include. you know, the usual. immense stress from schoolwork, unnecessary drama from friend-groups, the pressure of needing to apply to as many colleges as possible. these were things that all eighteen year-olds dealt with, despite them probably not needing to at such a young age.

   and yet, jooheon didn't seem to be struggling with any of it. by this month of december he had submitted all of his college applications early, he had two study halls and plenty of time to catch up on missed assignments, and he hadn't had to be the pacifist of any fights. and though all of that was great, what was really proving to be the highlight of the year was the boy that he was dating. passionate, a musical genius and a fellow lover of puppies, im changkyun was everything that jooheon had been looking for. and really, all that he had been looking at for nearly all of three years. it was only at the beginning of this month that jooheon had mustered up the courage to ask the junior out to a date, which had soon grown to be two dates, to three dates ... and things just seemed to escalate from there.
   it was incredible, really; how a boy who had barely known that jooheon existed until this year could manage to make jooheon stay up till three in the morning just in hopes of receiving a text from him, who could make jooheon swoon from just the sound of his raspy voice alone. it had been what jooheon had been dreaming of for years now, and so to think that something that had once seemed so distant was now close enough that jooheon could touch it ...

   "the hell, man?"

   changkyun glanced up towards the hand atop his head, slowly turning around in his seat to be met with jooheon's face only a foot or so from his, eyebrows raised and lips pulled upwards in a somewhat smug smirk. changkyun couldn't help but grin back, tilting his head to the side as he lifted jooheon's hand by the wrist, slowly and delicately setting it back on the surface of the desk. "didn't anyone ever tell you to 'keep your hands to yourself'?"

   jooheon only seemed to shrug as he leaned back in his chair, his grin growing. he threw his legs up on the desk with a soft sigh, crossing one foot over the other. "only about things that aren't mine." jooheon only laughed when changkyun's grin had slowly fallen in realization, the younger boy seeming to temporarily malfunction as he searched for something to preoccupy his eyes so that they didn't settle upon jooheon. this was strictly for the purpose of not embarrassing himself further. it was a habit of changkyun's, jooheon had noticed. he was far too "cool" to flail and fluster, and so to maintain that impassive facade he would simply redirect his attention to anything but what embarrassed him. popular candidates included but were not limited to ... #1 his phone, #2 the floor, or #3 the dog on the other side of the street. and though changkyun was a master of tricking others out of thinking he was feeling anything but "cool", often his reddening cheeks and pursed lips would betray him.

   " kyunnie, you know, you look so cute when -- "

   jooheon lifted his head, a bit surprised by the sudden ringing of the school bell, dismissing the two boys from their after-school detention.

   " when i'm ... ? " changkyun grinned. " walking, rapping, eating ... breathing? yeah, i know. " he laughed a bit, throwing his bag over his right shoulder. afterwards he had extended a hand to his boyfriend. " come on, let's go grab some coffee. "