It Begins

"No, I'm telling you man, the graffiti in the first floor bathroom was definitely Remus," Virgil said to his companion as they walked to math together. School had been in session for not even three weeks and already someone had spray painted dicks on the boys bathroom mirrors.

"Dicks are a little tame for Remus at this point," Damien mused, pushing his way directly between a couple that were making out by his locker. Virgil leaned against the locker next to him and laughed.

"Yeah that's true. Do you remember last year when he-"

"Oh god, don't remind me of that. I will never be able to wash that image out of my eyes." Damien groaned and dug the heels of his palms into his eyes in an attempt to stop the vivid flashbacks of last year's catastrophic last-day-of-school prank by Remus. It had become school legend, but Damien and Virgil, who were part of it, had vowed never to speak of it again.

"Okay but I mean if it wasn't Remus then who was it?" Virgil asked once they started towards their class again.

"I don't know. Oh shit do we have a fucking test this period?" Damien groaned. Realization hit Virgil like a truck and he groaned loudly.

"Fuck!" he said, ignoring the looks he was getting from teachers in the hallway. Virgil pulled his backpack better onto his back and pulled his hood up. While most people (ie Damien) kept their backpacks in their lockers and periodically grabbed their textbooks when they needed them for a class, Virgil was lazy and carried his backpack throughout the whole day. It really pissed off his teachers, and made Remus laugh (mostly because Virgil was just making himself suffer by carrying five textbooks at once), so he continued it. While he was preoccupied with his backpack, he didn't notice the pair of people walking straight towards them.

Clearly the other people in the hallway hadn't noticed Damien and Virgil walking towards them either, because suddenly Virgil walked into something very solid and was knocked backward to the ground like the stick he was. Because of his textbook filled backpack, he fell hard and made a lot of noise when he landed. Damien suppressed his immediate laughter in favor of making sure that Virgil wasn't dead. Virgil was vaguely aware of this as he looked up at the boy who'd knocked him over.

"Oh shit sorry! Are you okay?" the boy asked.

Virgil recognized him, it was hard not to, since the boy above him was the younger brother of one of his best friends. Whenever he'd gone over to Remus' house, Roman was there, but they'd never really talked. Now though, Virgil seemed to really be seeing him. Something about the situation, or the halo the fluorescent lights cast around the theater kid's head sent Virgil spiraling into his thoughts.

Fuck. He's cute.

Virgil was abruptly brought back to reality when Damien kicked him in the side.

"Ow!"

"To answer your question, Roman, he's fine," Damien said, rolling his eyes at his friend.

"Yeah, okay. Just watch where you're going next time," Roman said awkwardly, and Virgil realized he was still staring. Feeling his face redden, he looked down and nodded.

"Uh, yeah." Eloquent as always.

Roman and his friend continued down the hallway, talking quietly together, which left Virgil still on the floor, with Damien standing next to him. At this point they were just holding up traffic, so Damien hauled Virgil up by force and dragged him to math before they got marked down late.

"So," Damien said once the test was over and the teacher started new notes, "what the hell was that?"

Virgil blushed and mumbled something incoherent.