Chapter Three

It had been a few days since I first came to Harry's home. 

School wasn't that traumatizing and Mila seemed to have lost interest in me. 

I was looking for a dress to wear to the party I was going to in an hour when I heard a knock at my door. My door opens as I turn around to see Niall. 

"Hi," he says. The tone he was using told me that whatever he came here for wasn't good.

"Hi..." I reply cautiously.

"So... I was thinking..."

".. Yeah...?" I urge him on.

"This... thing... between us. It won't work," he says without a care in the world.

My breath hitches.

"What do you mean?"

"This won't work."

"What? Our relationship?"

"Yes.. exactly." The way he said it made me feel like he didn't have a problem with this. 

"You.. want to break up?"

"Yes."

"With me?"

"I'm breaking up with my girlfriend. Are you not my girlfriend? Is there any other girl I'm in a relationship with?"

Through blurry, wet eyes, I stand up.

"Why? Am I not good enough for you?"

"Yes, that's exactly it. You're a hideous girl. I'm not surprised Harry hates you."

My tears finally flow out. I can't see anything except the water filling my eyes.

I push Niall out my bedroom. 

"Good luck finding someone who'll put up with your bullshit as much as I did." I shoot at him.

"If you're waiting for me to care, I hope you brought something to eat, 'cause it's gonna be a really long time."

"Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth."

"Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither."

"You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?"

By now I was shouting and so was Niall. Someone must have heard us as I hear heavy footsteps running up the staircase. 

It's Liam.

"You guys.... ok?" he asks.

"Yeah. We're just sorting out something," Niall says before I can say anything.

"No, we're not. I was just leaving."

"Leaving?" Liam asks.

"Yeah... I'm going back home."

"Why?" he says.

"Ask Niall."

"Me?" Niall asks. 

"Yeah? Who else?"

"Please, save your breath. You'll probably need it to blow up your next date."

"Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in a while, but you really abuse the privilege," I say, barging past him.

I try to walk down the stairs but Liam stands in my way.

"No! What about the party?"

"I'm not going."