xix. GOODBYE , A.

CHAPTER NUMBER NINETEEN:

            OPHELIA SAT NEXT TO LIAM DUNBAR

OPHELIA SAT NEXT TO LIAM DUNBAR. Anxiety washed over the both of them , her hands fidgeting. "I decided not to get too involved with Scott and the pack" she spoke up after some time. "I'm not strong enough to fight for something I barely know anything about."

     Liam nodded his head in understanding. He felt the same way as Ophelia did. He had just become Scott's beta and he was scared. He didn't know if he could sacrifice himself for the people he loved like Scott would. He knew he'd never be able to live up to that expectation. "It's okay."

     Taking in a deep breath , the blonde reached over to grab Liam's hand in her own. "I'm scared like you are." She whispered softly. "I didn't think that I actually had something real about meabout this. I was on a hit list and practically broke my leg because I can see dead people." Ophelia pursed her lips as she tore her gaze away from Liam. "I don't think I want this life for myself anymore."

     Liam's hands gripped Ophelia's tighter. "Me and you didn't get a choice but we can choose to make this worth it." He nodded. "Think of all the good you're doingI mean without you , Lydia and Stiles would have never been able to break the benefactor code. It doesn't have always be something that's a burden in our lives if we embrace it."

     Ophelia felt her chest tighten gratefully at Liam's words. She felt better knowing that Liam too was struggling to come to terms with this whole supernatural werewolves thing. She was looking forward to growing with him and learning more about the world she was born into. For the first time in all her life , she finally had a friend that wasn't trying to haunt and kill herand was actually alive. The blonde wrapped her arms around Liam's shoulder. The younger boy rested his hands on her waist and hugged her back. "I just wanted to come and make sure you were alright , I'll see you soon?"

     Liam nodded in the crook of her neck.
"I'll see you as soon as all this shit blows over."

     Ophelia smacked the back of Liam's head.
"Hey! Watch your mouth , Dunbar."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

            AFTER TALKING WITH LIAM ,
Ophelia was beginning to worry about Scott. She
sat on her bed as she stared at her phone ,
waiting for his name to pop up on the screen.

     "If it makes you feel any better , he's obviously still alive because you haven't seen him."

     Ophelia's eyes flickered to Allison's small frame standing at the edge of her bed. She almost forget how long it's been since she had last talked to her. She missed hersurprisingly. "You're back."

     Allison moved to where Ophelia was sitting , taking the seat across from her and situating her legs so they were crisscrossed. "I needed us to have a proper goodbye." She confessed. The blonde ignored the lump in her throat as she stared at Allison , her hair flowing over her shoulders and eyes glimmering. She looked differenthappier. "You've saved my friends , Ophelia. You have helped them in more than one way and for that I am always indebted to you."

     "You've helped me accept who I am and make friends that accept me , too." Ophelia's mouth turned up slightly. "Before I met you I was nothing and now I have a purpose to keep living" she wiped a fallen tear on the back of her hand. "I love you more than I've ever loved a ghost before."

     Allison couldn't help but laugh loudly at Ophelia's words. Her hand cupped her cheek softly. "Even though you won't be able to see me anymore , I'm always going to be there for you" she paused , giving Ophelia a mischievous glint. "Consider me a guardian angel. Call my name and I'm there."

     Ophelia nodded though she was reluctant to let go. She didn't want Allison to leave anymore. She helped her get rid of Charlie , helped her meet Liamand Scott. With the thought of Scott in her mind , Ophelia blushed. "You don't mind about me and"

     Allison cut her off. "I'm dead , O. He can't be stuck on me forever. . . besides , I like you better than Kira girl he would've went after if you weren't around." Her nose crinkled and Ophelia chuckled at Allison's blunt and honest ways. Something she'd miss hearing every once in a while.

     "Bye , O." Allison squeezed Ophelia's hand one last time.

     Ophelia gave the brunette a sad smile.
"Goodbye , A."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.