Natalie's Moment

Hours. You've spent hours standing in a line. A line to meet your idol. Its almost your turn. Just a few more people before you, and the moment you've been waiting for for so long will have at last arrived. You watch him sign posters, shirts, receive handfuls of gifts. He smiles bright at each fan that stands in front of the table.

"Nervous?"
Your mom pats your shoulder to comfort you.

You can barely speak, so you just nod with your hands shaking wild.

"Go ahead honey." she gently guides you to the table Austin Carlile sits behind.

"Hi! Whats your name?"
Austin speaks loud and grins big at your adorable excitement.

"N-Natalie."
You stutter whilst you hold your hands over your mouth.

"Natalie? Thats a pretty name. How are you darling?"

Austin gently guides one of your hands away from your lip, bringing it to his own and pecking it slowly. You can barely hold in your tears of joy anymore.

"Good."
You manage to squeak out.

He stands up. Reaching over from behind the table and pulling you in for a warm embrace. You lose it then in there. Weeping into his shoulder as you hug him back as tight as you possibly could.
"I love you."
You whisper.

"I love you too... Want a picture?"
He pulls away but keeps his body close to yours.

You nod. Not knowing what to say. Your mother yanks out her phone as quick as she could as Austin pulls you close to his chest and wraps his arms around you tightly. She stumbles to get onto the camera and snap the shot of you looking happier than you have an years beside the guy that blasts through your headphones every night. Just hearing his heart beat made your smile.
Moments later, he pulls away again, kissing the top of your head. As he begins to sit down, he looks at your mom hand.

"Ohh, Whats this?"

Austin takes a sheet of paper out of your moms hand that she was holding for you. He studies closely at the drawing you made for him whilst rubbing his thumb against the top of your hand.He looks up. Brushing the hair out of your face.

"This is amazing. Thank you so much sweetheart."
Your smile begins to burn your cheeks as tears slowly drip down either side.

"C'mon, Austin. Shows starting soon."

One of the security guards pokes his arm.
"Right.."

He sighs and turns back to you, still holding your hand.

"Will i see you in the crowd?"

You nod rapidly once again.

"Awesome. It was nice meeting you."

He brings your hand to his lips once more.
Slowly, you pull away as you have no choice to walk away, though you wish that moment could have lasted forever. You wipe your sore cheeks of tears and mascara. Knowing your life was complete.