Part 4: Smile

Jasper held Kalen in his arms, listening to his soft breaths as the boy slept. He softly pulled a few strands of hair loosely, pulling them away from his eyes.

"Kalen? Kale? It's time to get up, baby." Jasper whispered, shaking the boy slightly. He woke up slowly, taking in his surroundings, before a massive grin broke out on his face and he looked at Jasper.

"Baby?" He asked softly, and for a moment, Jasper's eyes widened because, he heard that? But with the blissful look on the hybrid boy's face, he was fine with him hearing.

"Yeah, baby. But we've gotta go shopping. I know you have stuff, but this is your room. So you get a say in what you want in it." Jasper explained, cooing when Kalen nodded sleepily at his friend(as Kalen came to call him). "If you wanna get dressed, I'll get breakfast sorted yeah?" Kalen sat up and stretched by arching his back, and stiffening his tail, much like a kitten. For a moment, Jasper cursed the gods for this beautiful creature in front of him, before he realised that Kalen had began talking and he decided to listen.

"Mmh, 'Kay Jas. M-me will!" Kale exclaimed. Once more, Jasper found himself dying inside.
After breakfast, Jasper and Kalen got into a small, silver sports car, and the kitten boy's eyes widened.

"Dis yourses?" He asked cutely and innocently, head cocking as he looked up at the taller boy, soon shifting so he was out of his seat and on Jasper's lap. "Jasper?" He asked the boy once more.

"Oh um. Yeah. It's my car baby. But you're gonna have to get back in your seat if you wanna get anywhere, babe." He chuckled, softly pushing his hands through the kitten boy's hair, admitting a few purrs from the smaller lad.

"O-. Al-lrifht Jasper." Kale sighed and looked out the window.

a/n: Shopping fluff and something we've all been waiting for in the next chapter.

And have you noticed how he can only say "baby" and "Jasper" right? Cutie.