Chapter 22: Short Bit of Fluff That's Still Part of the Story

An: I swear I'm working on a new, longer chapter that's part of the plot, I'm just getting out a bit of a writer's block plus some other things, but for now here's a little bit of fluff to hold you guys over.

Harry's POV
I can feel something warm beside me, pressed close to me, but I'm not sure what it is, or even where I am for that matter, since I just woke up and have yet to open my eyes. One thing I do know, however, is that I didn't have any nightmares last night. That's the most sleep I've gotten in months.
Finally deciding to open my eyes, I glance around, taking in the dorm room and the pale light streaming through the green velvet curtains. Then I look down. The warm thing is Draco fucking Malfoy. Holy shit.
I squeak and attempt to get up, but I find myself held in place by a pale arm around my waist, which tightens at my sudden movement. I debate waking him up so I can move, but before I can decide, he stirs gently beside me. I look over and watch as his captivating steel-colored eyes flutter open, staring right at me.
He smirks and asks, "Like what you see, Scarhead?" raising a brow.
I flush and look away quickly, wanting to tell him that yes, I do like what I see, but if course I can't say something like that. He giggles and I freeze, forgetting how to breathe. Only one thought is running through my head and that's 'Oh. My. Salazar. That was the cutest thing I've ever heard!'
"Shut up Ferret," I mumble, still not daring to look back up at him for fear that he would see my face, which must be about the color of a Gryffindor scarf by now. He chokes on air at that, and I look up to see that his usually pale cheeks are flushed a vibrant shade of crimson.
"F-ferret?!"
"Yep. Got a problem with it, Ferret?" I tease, grinning at him. He makes vague noises of protest without forming any actual words for a couple of moments before shutting his mouth and looking away, still cherry red.

Draco's POV
FERRET?! That sounds like a pet name. Like something he would call me if we were dating. Which we're not. But oh, how I wish we were. But for now, I'll take what we have over nothing, even if we aren't dating. Pulling Harry back down, I mumble something about wanting to go back to sleep and then drift off right away. I noticed something odd though, before I fell asleep again. I didn't have any nightmares last night. How strange.