Chapter 4

I don't know why I agreed. Okay, I guess it wasn't ever really a choice. But I agreed. And it scares me a little because I know why.
I wanted to see him again.

"So, how exactly am I supposed to do this again?" I ask.

"Sweetheart, just talk to him."

"Yea. Right. Got it." I huff. "Let's see how good you're at this, Harlow."

I find myself in a cramped room, sitting on one side of a desk. I grab nervously at my hair. The feeling of this is messing me up.
I'm startled when I hear the door open. Officer Frank walks in, and gives me a tight lipped smile. He then turns, and reveals him. The orange jumpsuit is the first thing I see. Then, his mess of curly hair. Then his eyes. To my astonishment, they flicker over to me. I detect a hint of surprise, then annoyance. Which boosts my confidence up so much.

"This is Harlow." Frank says gruffly, and gives styles a light push towards the chair in front of me. "I'll be back in thirty or more." And with that; he shuts the door and leaves.
A nervous silence settles in. I'm staring down at the ground, but raise my head up to face him. I'm a little shocked when I find him staring straight at me.

No one speaks. Just silence.

"So it's you again." The deep, raspy voice breaks it.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Well, aren't you going to say something? Or are you to afraid to do so?"

"Um, yea. I mean, it's nice to meet you. I-I'm sorry, I'm not used to this. I'm just filling in." I mutter.

"You haven't, huh? Then what the fuck you doing here with a bad guy like me, doll?" His mocking tone hits me.

"I...please don't call me that, Mr. Styles." I see a slight smirk form on his lips.

"And what are you going to do about it if I don't?"
I swallow.

" We are in a police station, Mr. Styles."

"Tryna scare me?" He growls.
I look directly at him.

" No, Mr.Styles. Please. I'm just trying to understand you. No harm intended." I try to say as calmly as I can, but I'm really shaking inside. I can see the smirk on his face visibly change into a small frown.

"You don't need to know anything about me, doll."
I sign.

"Obviously people like you don't appreciate others helping, because that's what you're doing right now. You're ignoring me but I know that you need someone to talk to. Stop being frustrating and listen to someone other than yourself for once!"
Wow. I have no idea where that came from. I bet Styles is gonna be pissed. What did I do? I slowly peek at him. To my surprise, he doesn't seem angry at all. He looks at me with an odd expression on his face.

"You're a brave one," he comments. " I like it."

"Why should I care if you like it or not?"

"Feisty. Extra points." The smirk is back. "Well, Miss, let's hear it." I secretly cheer for myself.

"Well, first I think we should introduce ourselves." I say.

"I know who you are."

"But I don't."

"And who exactly titled me Mr. Styles earlier?"
I groan.

"I'd like to get to know you better than Mr. Styles."
He remains expressionless, but something tells me he wants me to go on.

"Harlow Wilson."
He pauses.

"Harry Styles." Well, at least I know his first name.

"I like the name Harry." Harry raises his eyebrows.

"Don't expect me to say anything ba-"

"I'm not, Harry. Take a compliment, will you?"
He runs his hands through his curls. I want to touch them so bad. Wait, what? Harlow, you must be going crazy.

"Anymore questions, Miss Wilson?"