Chapter 7: Stress and Anger

It was a week after the fight. Adam was back in jail for assault and a number of charges. Luke had been very angry about it all, Emma was a reck, she wasn't sleeping at night again, and was constantly having panic attacks. Sarah was very stressed out and exhausted.

"Emma why don't you go outside and play for awhile" said Sarah.

"No" said Emma.

"Why not?" asked Sarah.

"Because I don't want to" said Emma a little upset.

"Emma you have been inside all day, you need to get outside" said Sarah.

"No!" yelled Emma.

Sarah sighed.

"Emma I'm right inside, nothing is going to happen" said Sarah.

"Thats what you always say!" yelled Emma.

"Emma we aren't yelling" said Sarah sternly.

"It is though!" yelled Emma.

"I know it seems that way, I know it seems as if bad things always happen, and it does a lot, but trust me nothing is going to happen" said Sarah.

Luke heard all this and came downstairs.

"I have tried to think nothing is going to happen, and everything is going to be fine, but it never turns out that way" said Emma crying.

"I want to try and change that" said Sarah, "I don't bad things to happen, and I don't know why they are happening. I don't know what to tell you, only that I love you."

Emma was now crying.

"Everyone at school always asks me why and I don't have anything to tell them. They say that bad things happen to bad people I guess."

"Emma you aren't a bad person" said Sarah.

Luke was speechless.

"Then why?" asked Emma.

"I don't know, I really wish I had an answer but I don't" said Sarah.

Emma cried even harder and ran past Luke and upstairs, Luke didn't try to stop her.

Sarah cried, Luke went over to her and comforted her.

"Its going to be ok" said Luke.

"No its not, she is right, she shouldn't have this life she has, she shouldn't have to witness these kinda of things, she shouldn't know about these things, but she does and its wrong. Her innocence is gone. She will never be a normal kid" said Sarah.

"I know it is wrong, I wish none of this happened. I know I wouldn't be here though without it, but if I could go back in time and stop it I would no questions asked" said Luke, "I'm going to try and make this all better, Adam is gone for a long time. I can't stop death, but I can stop death, but I could have stopped a lot of other things, like her knowing about Kate and the baby, her seeing me fight, her from almost drowning, I could have stopped all that" said Luke.

"Luke no" said Sarah, "Not off that could have been stopped. She told last night, that she knows that    no is going to hurt her or us as long as your around, but she is still afraid, but doesn't know why."

Luke sighed and they hugged just a little longer. 

"I know what I need to do, I never wanted it before, because I though it wasn't the right thing to do, but if its going to make Emma feel better then fine" said Sarah, "I need to talk to her doctor again about medication, and I think maybe going back to therapy will help. She never talked while she was there before, but I want to try it again. She needs to feel better, she needs to better."