Chapter 6

The weather had improved greatly the next day, enabling the siblings and myself to take some times to be in the grounds and gardens of the mansion. The gardens themselves were large, having a large range of plants and wide open spaces where there was enough space for a game of cricket. So, that's exactly what happened.

Peter, Edmund And Susan player with Peter as the bowler, Edmund batting and Susan as the backstop. The game was, for the most part, entertaining, with their occasional squabbling as well as every one of them actually being able to play.

Lucy and myself chose not to join in, instead we sat next to each other underneath a tree in the shade. I had my eyes closed with my head against the bark of the tree and Lucy read.

It was peaceful but I could still here the cricket convention.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" There was silence then a loud whine of "Ow," That could of only came from Edmund as the ball hit him, probably on his leg.

"Whoops" came Peter's voice that sounded totally unapologetic.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again." Now that did spike my attention. Why would Edmund of all people want to play that again, especially after what happened yesterday? It got my gears rolling, what did Edmund really do in Narnia yo want to go back?

"Besides," came Susan's voice in an intelligent voice, "we could all use the fresh air."

"It's not like there isn't air inside." That was true, and the perfect comeback if I do say do myself.

"Are you ready." I could just see Peter getting into position. The bat made a thud on the ground with the reply, "Are you?"

It wasn't a few seconds until I heard a smash and immediately opened my eyes to look up at the house and go see a cricket sized ball in one of the stain glasses windows.

Oh shit.

***

We all stood in front of a suit of armour, that was lying on the ground with the cricket ball lodged in its chest. The siblings were looking at each other guiltily. Then Peter turned to Edmund.

"Well done Ed."

"You balled it!"

Us girls just watched this argument until a faint voice called through the big house.

"What an Earth's going on up there?"

"It's Macready!"

That's how we all ended up running around the house, trying to find a place to hide. But it was hard to tell where she was as her footsteps echoed through the house. Finally, we ended up running towards the room with the wardrobe. Edmund unlocked the door and ran towards it while the rest of us stopped in the doorway.

"Come on!" Edmund demanded, coming gesturingto the wardrobe.

"You've got to be joking." Of course Susan would say that, but went towards it anyway. Edmund went in first, followed by myself, Lucy, Susan and Peter. We continued to back into it, the air becoming colder and a smile spread across my face. We were in Narnia.

Turning around, I pulled the branches apart and stepping out into Narnia. A scuffle behind me made me look back to see Peter and Susan in the ground, looking out towards Narnia. I almost laughed at their faces of shock, now knowing that we were correct.

They stood up and turned in a circle in wonder.

"Impossible."

That put a grin on my face, and I looked toward Lucy, who spoke with sass in her voice.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's just your imagination." This caused the two older siblings to look at each other then back to her, completely forgetting my presence.

"I don't suppose saying we're sorry will quiet cut it."

"No," Lucy dragged out the word. Suddenly, she pulled out a snowball and threw it, hitting Peter in the face. "But that might!"

Soon everyone was throwing snowball, until I noticed Edmund staring off into the distance. I looked to where he was looking to see two hills in the distance. It puzzled me, but I couldn't question him as Peter threw a snowball at his shoulder, to which he turned around and whined, "Ow! Stop that."

"You little liar!" Pete accused, stepping forwards.

"You didn't believe them either." At least someone noticed my presence. But then again, thee was no excuse for making Lucy feel bad.

"Apologie to Lucy." And Scarlett I thought. When Edmund didn't react, Peter said, "Say your sorry!"

"Alright!" I'm sorry." Wow! What an apology, you didn't even look at Edmund you... nope, not thinking it.

"It's alright." We turned to Lucy, who had a smirk on her face. "Some little children just don't know when to stop pretending." Now that, was great. Who knew that Lucy had that side to her. I wonder what else she was hiding under her cuteness.

"Maybe we should go back." Susan with the 'intelligent' remark once again.

"Are you serious." Everyone turned towards me, only just noticing my presence. "You do realise that Lucy and I were in here for hours, but when we came back through the wardrobe, no time had passed at all. For all we know, Mrs Macready could be right in that room, waiting for us."

It was a bold statement, one that got me a glare from Susan, but it was Edmund who spoke first.

"Yes, maybe we should look around." I was starting to think that maybe Edmund was hiding something, how he had changed his mind so quickly over such a small period of time.

"I think Lucy should decide." Peter smiles as he turned to his youngest sibling, who's face light up even more, if it was possible. It was nice to see her smile after all of the events that has happened recently.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr Tumnus!" A wise decision, but hey might be in for a shock when they see his lower half.

"Mr Tumnus it is!" With that he went back into the wardrobe, as Susan put her hands around herself, finally feeling the cold now that everything has settled in.

"But we can't just go hiking through the snow dressed like this. We'll freeze!" But I felt as if Peter was about to solve that problem, stepping out from whence he came, furs in toe.

"No. But I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these." Said Peter, as he started to hand the furs out. "Anyways, if you think about it, logically," I tried not to snort as their banter," we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe." When he got around to me, he held out a black fur coat, that was warm, obviously, and came down to my ankles. Peter then turned to Edmund, holding out a coat.

"But that's s girls coat." Complained Edmund, looking at the object in disgust.

"I know."

A small smile spread across my face, and Edmund noticed. "Why don't you give it to Scarlett, she's a girl."

"Because I didn't lie to Lucy. Besides," I got closer to his face, "I don't like feminine fur coats."

With that, we all turned away from the wardrobe and further into Narnia.

————————————————————————
1209 words
Everyone's in Narnia, and the journey begins! Thanks for reading and have a good day/evening!