•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓•

"You enjoy yourself?" Clare asked as he wrapped his blazer around me

"It was perfect, thank you." I smiled, melting into him as we walked.

We stayed silent for a while, just enjoying each other's company.

Rather than go directly home we decided to take a walk on the beach and simply appreciate one another's presence while we could.

"Shits so crazy to me," he spoke randomly, breaking the silence.

"What?" I asked.

"Us, how we met—what we've been though." He spoke.

"How many other couples you know met each other the way we did?" He asked before laughing causing me to do the same.

"Ion know, maybe I'm just trippin or some shit but the universe is a crazy place. A year ago I couldn't imagine falling in love with somebody, I didn't even know how to love." He continued.

"I was a completely different person back then..." he said much lower.

"You were, but I wouldn't change anything. We might not be the most normal, but we're perfect for each other—I know it." I smiled.

He chuckled and tightened his grip on me, "you're so damn soft."

"Am not!" I whined, protesting with pinched eyebrows

"mhm." He smirked.

"Clare!" I pouted, slapping his bicep.

"I'm fuckin with you," he rolled his eyes, "I know you ain't soft." He spoke as he licked his lips, leaning down to once again kiss mine.

I know he just said that so I would stop whining, but I was content.

"This shits so wild Jay—like legally we have a son, a whole kid." He spoke again.

"Nobody would've guessed that shit." He shook his head.

"do you regret it—the whole adoption thing." I looked up.

"Hell nah—that's my boy." He shook his head, "we've known him for only a couple of months but I don't know. We just have this connection, we may not be blood but— he's my family." He nodded.

"Holding him in my arms, thinking he was dead—it fucked me up, honestly." He said lowly.

"I told you a while back that caring about more people means I have to protect more people, and I wasn't wrong."

"That wasn't your fault Clare, you couldn't do anything."

"I know that, but that still messes with me. Watching somebody you're supposed to protect and be there for get hurt—it's painful."

"I cried when that happened—and you know I don't do that shit."

I frowned hearing him talk about it, "well, we're here—all of us." I grinned.