Chapter 15

"So we're not telling them about this, right?"

It was three days later in which I didn't speak a word with Blair. Harrison and I were just walking down the corridor to our conference room.

"Tom?" He asked again.

"Mhm?"

Harrison sighed.

"What's wrong? Recently, you seem to be ... kinda absent."

"No, everything's ok. I'm just a little sleepless because of the whole Roberts situation."

Even if it should have been like that - it wasn't. The truth was that Blair was constantly on my thoughts. And I hoped to cross her mind once in a while too just so I didn't feel stupid for thinking about her all the time. But I couldn't help it. I mean, we did nearly kiss. I simply didn't know what to do. In the end she was a distraction and right now a distraction was the last thing I needed.

"Mate, I know the situation is difficult but you need to relax a little bit."

"Yes, thank you Haz." I said tiredly.

"So, coming back to the conference - we won't tell anyone about us knowing who the phantom is?"

The phantom. Since a lot of mobs were brought down and mob leaders were killed the people started to name the person who was responsible for all this the phantom. But we found out who it was. Roberts. We of course won't tell anyone about it. We were on our way to a conference with all the mob leaders of Europe to discuss the problem. But if I would tell them they would start to search for her too and I didn't want them to find her before me and then getting all her information which contained probably information about our mob too. And I couldn't let that data fall into the wrong hands. After all, we still were something like enemies.

"No, nobody is allowed to know it." I said seriously.

Harrison just nodded and we kept walking till we finally were there.
I opened the door and sat down on a big black armchair and shortly after I saw a lot of different screens light up.

"Good evening. Ladies - gentlemen." I said politely while nodding my head at them.

They all nodded and greeted back.

"So, did somebody get new information concerning the phantom?" asked the French mafia boss.

But nobody answered.

"And did the phantom steal anything else?"

"Yes." I answered the German mob leader who surprisingly was the only female one except the Hungarian.

"And when was that when I'm allowed to ask?"

"Something like a week ago I think."

"So do you think the phantom is still in England?" The Swedish leader asked now.

"I'm not sure - but it can't be too far." I answered him.

"And how will we proceed?" asked the Spanish mafia boss.

"We can't really do anything other than keeping our eyes open and our ears tuned." The young German said.

She must have been something like 25 - around my age. It wasn't rare that the mob leaders were that young and that was primarily due to the phantom.

"I agree. We just have to be very observant." I added.

"Easy for you to say - but my father was killed by this "phantom" and I bet it has its next target already in sight." The Italian boy said.