Blade

You can't play family on a mountain of corpses.
People are born as family because they are fated to start their life course under similar circumstances. There is nothing more to it. A child born to a family of conglomerates or a child born to a cobbler, both have to do their share of work and decide on their own path. What their family has or does really won't mean anything to them in future.
She was very attached to her siblings, good for her but then she realized there was too much of a distance to actually close between herself and them. What could she really do for them? Once they are adults, they have to make their own decisions. And if she spends all her energy on them choosing to ignore the people who depended on her, the chain of commoners paving the path for her journey, then that would become the end of her. A very vile and vulgar ending. Hence she had to give up on all things that could become precious to her and all people who could become dear to her. You can't go back after crossing the line. Any easy way out is just a facade. Run till your nose bleeds and then run a bit further and more, cross your heart and hope to die.
In a manner of speaking, all high standing individuals are important. But their significance lies in serving their people they are making use of and have chosen to take responsibility of. They have no value with respect to eachother because they don't directly affect eachother even if they pretend to care.
But her food chain was a tamed beast she was trying to control. Do the fluffy monster wrong and deadly violence results. You can't have your way with everything. People are not dispensable without a cost. Like contractors in darker than black. They have to pay for the power they are using. You are just a filthy puny human. All arrogance and pride belongs to God Almighty only for He is the ultimate creator and the strongest.
Omnipotent, Kind and the most Merciful.
She wanted to protect both, her subtle life and the game pawns she controlled. But greed doesn't get you very far. Half hearted efforts don't bear fruit.