57

“Thy! Oh!”

As I came into consciousness I felt a heavy weight around my side. There was a groan and I was pulled against a warm body. It took me a minute to remember where I was and who was in bed with me. I immediately felt embarrassed as I realized someone had come to wake me up and found that I wasn’t alone. A head peaked in. It was Indy.

“We’re going to get some breakfast,” she hissed.

I tried to move out from under Ryder’s arm, but it was too heavy. I nudged him in the stomach and he made a noise. Lips met the back of my neck and I shivered n pleasure. It had been months since I had been in bed with a man.

“What time is it?” a grumbly, unfamiliar voice asked.

I maneuvered myself around so I was looking at him. His eyes were squinty with sleep, but he had a smile on his face.

“Good morning?” he said.

“Good morning.”

He kissed the side of my lips.

“Um, I think everyone’s going to get breakfast,” I said.

“I could definitely use some coffee. Mind if I join?”

“No, of course not.”

I snuck out of bed and pulled on some leggings from my suitcase. Despite the fact that he had seen me naked the night before, I suddenly felt self-conscious.

Once we were dressed, we went out to the living room. Rachel, Indy, and Braxton were waiting, all three of them looking tired but happy. Ryder gave them an adorably awkward smile that made me want to reconsider seeing him again.

“You guys remember Ryder?” I asked.

“Vaguely,” Rachel said.

Braxton held out his hand, “Sorry, but if I did meet you last night I was too drunk to remember. The name’s Braxton.”

Ryder shook his hand, “I’m Ryder.”

“Well, I could use some pancakes. You guys ready?” Indy asked.

We all agreed and went down to the casino’s restaurant for some much needed food. Ryder actually turned out to be a cool guy. He kept us laughing all throughout breakfast by recreating Rachel when she was drunk. Rachel recorded him and uploaded it online. When we had finished, Ryder and I hung back while the other three went up to the room.

“Thanks for last night,” I said.

“Hey, no problem. I enjoyed myself.”

He pulled me in for a hug.

“Maybe we’ll see each other around,” he said.

“Yeah. Maybe.”

I was surprised when he leaned down and kissed me. It felt good to have someone interested in me again, even if it was only for the sex.

 ***

My breath caught in my throat when I saw Rachel in her wedding dress. She looked incredible. She smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

“You look great,” she said.

I look great?? Look at you!”

I looked at the salmon colored dress I was wearing. As much as I liked dresses, this one was strapless and made me feel uncomfortable. Rachel pulled away and I clutched at her hand.

“Are you ready for this?” I asked her.

So far her wedding weekend had been casual. They had rented out a big mansion that was right on Lake Michigan. Elixir’s whole group was there, along with some of Rachel’s family and some of Matt’s family. We had arrived the day previously and had a rehearsal dinner followed by a bonfire on the water. Jude hadn’t been around as he was flying in just in time for the wedding. Harper was probably the only one that was excited to see him.