Chapter 45: The big day

Drift's P.O.V

While Calamity and I were walking back home hand in hand, I still couldn't believe that I actually did it. I just proposed to her, and she said yes. Altough I can say that I feel very happy now, I feel tons of other emotions go through me that I just can't describe.

As we made it back home, I opened the door and let Calamity in first, and I went inside after, closing the door behind me. "There you two are. I was about to call you guys, because we're about to have dinner. Where were y'all?" Brite asked as she came walking towards us, with Raptor behind us. "Oh, just relaxing on a hill top." Calamity said with a small smirk as she removed a strand of hair from her face, purposely with her left hand. I grinned and looked at Brite and Raptor, and oh boy, did they look shocked. "Is that...?" Brite asked unbelievably with wide eyes as she looked at Calamity's left hand. More specifically, the ring. "You actually did it Drift..." Raptor said quietly as he also couldn't believe it. "I did Raptor. I asked her and she gladly accepted it." I said as I put and arm around Calamity. "He made me an offer I couldn't refuse." She said as she smiled at me, and I smiled back. "Ooohh my god, you're getting marriedddd!!" Brite squealed and ran towards Calamity, hugging her tightly as Calamity hugged back. "Congrats Drift! I'm really happy for you about this. I really am!" Raptor said as he hugged me and I hugged him back. "Thanks a lot!" I said and broke the hug.

After we announced this to the rest of the team as well, we've been getting congratulations from them, including Technique and Abstract. We were all seated at the dinner table, eating our dinner. "So, when do you guys plan on doing the wedding?" Brite asked. "I think in like 5 days or so, right?" I said as I turned to Calamity. "Yeah, that sounds great to me. But we need to start with everything right away." She said. "You're right. We'll start tomorrow or the day after." I said and Calamity agreed. "Calamity, you and I, wedding dress shopping, tomorrow." Brite said as she still had food in her mouth. "Alright, fine." Calamity said laughing.

*Skip to late evening*

As I was laying in bed with only my underwear on, I was on my phone already looking at all the things we had to prepare for a wedding. And it was a lot to be honest, but it's gonna be worth it. I know that for sure.