part 11: dinner

"it's going to be fine"
"well that's easy for YOU to say, it's not your boyfriend!"
codel and y/n we're cooking to prepare for their dinner with seonghwa.
"don't stress about it. here. give me the pot."
"no i need to finish this"
"y/n give me the pot"
"why?"
"i'm going to finish the dinner and you are going to sit down, take a phew breaths and chill tf OUT"
codel took the pot of sauce and resumed stirring. y/n, after a moment of hesitation, left the kitchen and sat down on her couch. after 20 minutes or so, codel joined her, bringing her a glass of water.
"everything's all set. you don't have to worry about it anymore"
"i'm just so nervous!"
"what are you nervous about. what could possibly happen?"
"there's an endless amount of possibilities. there are so many things that could go wrong." y/n began to list the numerous undesirable events that could happen.
"y/n stop. listen to yourself. these are not rational thoughts and it's just getting you more worked up. drink some water and we'll find something to help you clear your head," decided codel.
they decided to play a game which could only be described as a twisted game of pictionary. after a couple of rounds and lots of laughs, the doorbell rang.
"that must be him!" squealed y/n.
the two friends ran to the door to welcome him, and got him situated at the dinner table. soon after, dinner was served, but it was more like an interrogation for seonghwa. codel asked question upon question, so many that y/n had to force her to eat so that she wouldn't be able to talk. towards the end, y/n got up to go to the bathroom. discreetly, codel asked,
"so where do you think your relationship is going. what are your plans for the future."
seonghwa was not prepared for this.
"honestly, i've given it a lot of thought and i still don't know," he explained. "i haven't dated in a really long time, but i really like y/n and i really hope we can stay together."
codel was satisfied with the answer given, and y/n returned from the bathroom.