The Honeymoon

Cardan sat on the bed of the "motel room", dimly wondering how he, the High King of Faerie, had ended up in this dingy room. He remembered the Ghost insisting on a formal wedding ceremony, probably so the Ghost could spend time planning it with Taryn. And before he knew it, his wife was ushering him out of his realm into the mortal world for a honeymoon (he hoped this was some kind of cake). Something about Vivi and "upholding mortal values".

Looking at the suspicious stain on the bed, he cursed Vivi quite soundly in his mind. He and his wife needed the best mattress quality. He wondered what kind of bird feathers were stuffed in this mattress. Everyone knew goose worked the best, of course. He had had all the royal mattresses in his palace stuffed with them. 

Looking at the wife in question, Cardan couldn't help but let his gaze travel over to her. She was still wearing the same clothes she had during the ceremony, an alabaster gown made from spun marble. She was rummaging through the cupboards. With nothing else to do, Cardan began twisting this thing called a "smartphone" around, trying to figure out how it worked. Suddenly, Jude was standing in from of him. She tossed it aside.

Cardan watched the smartphone land on the floor, slightly glad, snarling, "this wretched mortal object won't-"

His gaze landed on her. She held a box of something large and hard in her hands. Perhaps it was one of those objects called a chainsaw to finally take revenge.

"Ah, I see you have something planned, wife," he said with a haughty air. 

He thought she secretly liked it when he acted like this.

"When have I not?" Jude said with a sincere, small smile.

She was looking at him with sometimes akin to... fondness? He was definitely imagining it. She definitely had planned something nefarious. Because the sight of her looking at him so sincerely almost undid him.

He pulled her in close by her waist. "Will you tell me what it is?" he asked, his lips near hers. Cardan smirked. Perhaps he could have the upper hand in whatever this was after all.

Then Jude spotted his smirk and removed herself from his arms. She held up the cardboard box.

"Time to play some Twister!" she said, with a smirk of her own. 

Cardan watched her as she took our some weird shaped objects and what looked like an uncomfortable picnic mat. Seriously, hadn't mortals heard of velvet, or even fur? She straightened, noticed him watching, and gave him an evil-looking smile.

Oh, his wife had definitely planned something.

"So, is this what mortals do in a honeymoon?' he asked her with a bit of genuine curiosity.

"Oh, definitely," she said, the wicked smile still in place.