Chapter One: The News

Lauren's POV
⚠️mentions of Puke⚠️

"Tara you're out of your mind I just have the stomach flu, don't remember that guy in line behind us at chipotle had coughed on us?" I said sitting back against the wall in my bathroom.
I had just finished puking my guts out and now I was sitting there on the floor with a bottle of water that Tara had grabbed for me.

"Yeah I remember but don't you think if you caught the stomach flu from him coughing on us that I would've caught it too?" Tara asked, she was sitting on my bathroom counter.

"Tara there's not a chance that I'm pregnant" I laughed "the only guy I ever slept with was David at his birthday party two weeks ago, we were...safe" I explained.

"The timeline certainly lines up and we, regardless if you think it's stupid or not are going down to the convenience store and buying a few test" Tara said hopping off the counter .

I sighed and held my hands out to her and she reached down pulling me up.
I went to the sink and brushed my teeth making sure to use mouthwash after to get the taste out of my mouth.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed "you're not pregnant" I said quietly to myself.

After changing out of my PJs and into some regular clothes Tara and I headed down to the store.
We walked in and bought a few test earning a few looks from elderly women behind us in line.

Once Tara and I returned to my apartment we both headed straight for the bathroom. I walked in and turned towards Tara, she smiled and handed me the test we bought.

"Look whatever the result is know that I'm right outside the bathroom door ready to hug you and support you" Tara said. I smiled, I was so lucky to have her in my life.

"I know you are" I smiled, we kissed out pinkies and then linked them, it was like a secret hand shake that we created back in kindergarten.

I then closed the door to the bathroom and did my business, after I lined the three tests up on a towel. Time had never moved slower in my my life.

I paced back and forth in the bathroom, the more I thought about it the more scared and fearful I got, a heavy feeling setting in my chest.

I looked down at my phone only a minute had passed. I groaned, seconds turned into hours at that point.

Tara knocked on the door "everything ok?" She asked "yeah, just waiting" I said, I let my weight shift back on the wall behind me as I waited like before.

"Come on" I said after another minute I checked the tests. A black cross printed on each of the test.

I felt my body go numb as it revealed a positive sign. I slipped down the wall with one of the tests in my hand. I began to cry out of fear and worry.

Tara must have heard my cries because she immediately came in collapsing to the floor beside me and engulfing me in a hug.

"Shh Shh I know, we are going to get through this" Tara said softly. She knew from the beginning and I should've have listened to her.

Tara let me out of the hug and held me at arms length "look at me, the first thing you need to do it find David, he needs to know regardless of wether or not he decides to be apart of this child life Lauren" Tara said "there are also other options for what you can do and which ever you choose you better believe I'm going to be right there next to you every step of them way sis" Tara said.

Tara helped me stand up and helped clean my face. "Do you still have the address from the party?" I asked. Tara pulled her phone out and scrolled through messages "yeah I just sent it to you, good luck babygirl I'm just a phone call away" Tara said and took me in for one last hug. I hugged her back tight, I didn't want to let go but I knew eventually I'd have to.

After that I walked to my car and got into the drivers seat. I sat there taking everything in. My breathing was shaky and it was like reality punched me in the face.

"Fuck.."

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸
A/N: welcome to the first chapter! I hoped you liked it as much as I liked writing it. Wait till you see what happens next chapter, stay tuned!

Make sure you go ahead and check out my profile and the other stories I have I would really appreciate if you FOLLOW, READ, AND VOTE