Flustered Faces

Needless to say, my name was first on the list, that didn't stop me from being late or hiding my abnormality behind my Ray Bans. 

I walked into the prison-like class, it's basically a general class room, teacher's desk in front and about six rows of seven desks and chairs -- lined up neatly behind and next to each other -- this would have been the neatest class that I have ever seen, if it weren't for the students and their glaring, glowing eyes. 

They were goofing around, majority of them around one desk, I wasn't surprised to see that sitting in the desk that was surrounded was a handsome guy, he was wearing his blazer with so much pride. Each scroll on his blazer was beautifully embroidered and the stripes that represented honorary (or national titles) colours, this was obviously the "jock" of this class, maybe school even. I have to admit, he was appealing to the eye, his hair was dirty-blonde, his eyes hazel, his jawline was sharp and his build was strong. 

On his lap was a girl, most likely the "popular girl", she seemed very interested in him, you could sense that tension between them from across the room. She had a smile that spoke the words "you think you can be better than me?" -- this obviously was used for intimidation amongst anyone who tried to cross her-- she also had bright blue eyes, her skirt was far too short and raven hair, which was tied  neatly back. 

As they both, along with the rest of the students, turned around I felt so small. I felt that without even having spent five minutes in this class, that I was already an outcast. I know that some of the looks were most likely about my sunglasses, which I knew were against the school rules, but I just wanted to see if I could get through a day without being teased or stared at for at least one day. I obviously could tell that the looks were also because I am two grades ahead, and it seems odd for a fourteen-year-old girl to walk into a class full of sixteen-year-olds.

I jumped almost through the roof when the bell rang, turns-out that that means that the teacher is coming and that students should be standing next to their desks to greet the teacher. This was a major rule and was obviously shown as respect and would result in detention if not done. 

I just stood in place, blocking the door (unawarely), waiting for the others to go to their seats. I just assumed that they have assigned seats already from the beginning of he school year.

Oh, and by the way, during this you can only imagine how much I must be blushing...

1. There's a cute guy that would make any girl swoon looking at me.

2. I'm obviously breaking the rules with my glasses.

3. I'm the youngest in my class.

And last but not least,

4. I have no clue what to do.

Just as the class became silent, I heard a coughing behind me, this coughing was obviously the type that meant "get out of my way or I'll squash you like a bug on my windshield".