𝚛 𝚎 𝚝 𝚞 𝚛 𝚗

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎
𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

Brown eyes shifted through the parking lot with a lack of enthused interest. The same students littered the spacious lot; the only excitement that came from boring La Push, Washington was the return of Paul Lahote.

Ryleigh Uley held no interest in the senior heartthrob. She couldn't care less that he disappeared for two weeks— just like Jared Cameron did a month prior. She couldn't care because she knew where they both disappeared to; her house.

The young brunette wasn't stupid. She knew the rumors going around the high school about her own older brother, Sam Uley. She knew that about eighty percent of the community thought that her brother was running a gang, and selling drugs; the other twenty percent knew that Sam wouldn't be capable of something so devious.

"He's helping the community," the elders would say— and what the elders say, goes. Most adults would bend over and believe anything that the community elders would say.

Ryleigh believed it was because adults were more superstitious, growing up on the legends of their tribe, and how they were all descended from wolves. Kids her age didn't believe in such stories anymore. If only they knew the truth.

"Ryleigh!"

The brunette turned her head towards her small group of friends walking her way. A small smile broke out on her face at the two boys, joining on either side of her on their walk into the school.

Embry Call and Quil Ateara V— two of the most opposite boys but the best of friends since diapers. Embry was quiet, but a total angel in Ryleigh's eyes. He was soft-spoken but stood up well for his friends and single mother, Tiffany. The brunet male never knew his father, since his young mother had a drunken one night stand. Tiffany Call kept the name of Embry's father in the closet full of skeletons; no matter how many times Embry's previously asked about him.

Quil was the rowdy friend, the one that always started fights— but could never finish them. He was most outspoken, with a sharp tongue and humor to match. There were times when Ryleigh believed that he was too much, and needed to relax— but she loved him all the same. She figured it had to do with the fact that he was an only child and the youngest among their group of friends.