Chapter Seven - The Submission Of Terra Bogaton

After the declaration of war, Vlad assembled his army and marched for Terra Bogaton to fight the Raptors for their actions in the Great Hall. When Vlad marched into Raptor territory, Vlad assembled Radul and General Cazan. 

Vlad: What do you suggest?

Radul: The Raptors are known for their strong warriors. Trying to overwhelm them with force alone won't guarantee us victory. 

Cazan: My men will follow your orders to the letter my lord! We'll fight them however long it takes!

Vlad: Radul's right. If half the stories I heard about the Raptors are true, then defeating them won't be a simple task. We will form a phalanx around the Raptor palace. If King Gojiran sends his forces, then it's a matter of outlasting them. Once a weak point is exposed, we strike. 

After planning the battle ahead, Vlad marched his army to the Raptor palace where the Raptor army awaited them. The Raptors began hollering for the battle ahead. 

Vlad: General Cazan. Let us begin. 

Cazan: ARCHERS!

The archers of Clan Dracul readied their bows and rained down a volley of arrows upon the Raptor army. Most of them were able to protect with themselves with their shields. Soon, the battle of Terra Bogaton had begun. Intense battle occurred as both sides inflicted heavy casualties upon each other. The river ran red with blood as the slaughter continued for three days. On the third day, Vlad and his army confronted King Gojiran and the Raptor army on the steps of the Raptor Palace. As the two rulers stared each other down, Vlad looked to the sky to see crows flying.

Vlad: A fine day for the crows, wouldn't you say?

Gojiran: Remove your army from my land. 

Vlad: I've grown to appreciate your land. And your soldiers too. Fine warriors indeed! They would make fine warriors for my army. 

Gojiran: They won't fight for you! They fight only for the King of Terra Bogaton and to the Sky Hunter!

Vlad: That is what Clan Talros said. That is what all the clans of Cyclonia said. But now, they fight for me. 

Gojiran: We are not a primitive clan. We are warriors and hunters!

Vlad: Then let us settle this in the old manner. No more men need to die here. 

Gojiran became interested in Vlad's words. He was curious to see what Vlad could offer. Vlad took the warrior culture of the Raptors and turned it in his favor. 

Vlad: Let us fight in one on one combat. From one king to another. We shall fight as equals in the eyes of the Sky Hunter. 

Gojiran: If I win?

Vlad: Then we will leave Terra Bogaton for good and offer you reparations for you loss. I'm a generous man. If I win, you may keep your throne. But on the condition that Terra Bogaton fall under my command and the Raptors shall fight with me whenever I call.

Gojiran paused for a moment. He couldn't help but respect Vlad's warrior prowess. He saw the human as a possible worthy opponent. The two shook hands and they prepared to fight. 

Radul: This is a risky gamble Vlad. They say King Gojiran has never lost a battle on Raptor soil. They say he is the Sky Hunter's representative. 

Vlad looked upon Gojiran as he gave his weapons to his Raptor lieutenants and stripped him of his armor. 

Vlad: If our empire is to grow, then we must take as many gambles as possible. 

Vlad then stripped himself of his armor as he walked to the enclosed circle with Gojiran. He knew that this fight would be a hard one. 

Gojiran: May the Sky Hunter bless you with an honorable death. 

Vlad: And my victory bless the worthy.

The two began exchanging blows. The fight grew intense as Gojiran threw himself onto Vlad. Vlad used his smaller stature to dodge the Raptor king's attacks. During the fight, Gojiran slashed at Vlad's face, leaving a scar over his right eye. 

Gojiran: Blood has been shed. Defeat shall follow. 

Vlad: We shall see. 

Gojiran then launched a devastating assault on Vlad. During the course of the fight, Vlad kept his defense up as Gojiran kept throwing punches. As the fight dragged on, the Raptor's attacks became sluggish as he began to feel the fatigue of the fight. Vlad took advantage of this and launched an series on concentrated punch on the Raptor. Vlad landed the final blow which sent the Raptor king to the ground. The men of Clan Dracul loudly cheered as the Raptors were stunned at their king's defeat. Vlad then walked up to Gojiran and extended his hand to him. 

Vlad: You fought valiantly King Gojiran. 

Gojiran took Vlad's hand as the Cyclonian leader helped him up.

Vlad: I am a man of my word. You are free to run your kingdom as you please, but remember that your loyalty is to the Cyclonian Empire. 

Gojiran's pride was shattered. The fact that this defeat happened on his own turf made it sting even worse. Despite this, Gojiran had nothing but respect for Vlad.

Gojiran: Very well then Lord Vlad Dracul. You have won this battle. The Raptors now fight for the....Cyclonian Empire. 

Upon that, the men of Clan Dracul cheered. The war with the Raptors ended in a decisive victory. Despite the high casualties, Vlad achieved victory and new soldiers for his army. Vlad had succeeded in submitting the Raptor Empire of Terra Bogaton.