Chapter 1: Farewell

(A/N: The book cover is made by me ♡ hope you like it! Let me know what you think on the comment below 🤙)

●●●

It was a fine monday morning and everything seems to be the way it was.

Well, everything except for a certain beautiful dark purple haired girl fuming with rage as she took quick and heavy steps towards her school. Students started to make way as they felt the depressing aura emitting from her body. Even the teachers themselves shivered from her cold presence.

Soon enough she reached the classroom as she slammed the door open, suprising everyone inside as they went quiet.

"Yo! Yo! Yo! If it isn't the wierdo!" ALAS! An idiotic brave voice suddenly spoke! It was Isobe, the boy who usually mocks Nanami's poverty and Yukari's rare appearance.

"Shut up." two words yet it felt like cold daggers piercing through the heart. Isobe's bestfriend gave him a hard slap on his back signing him to shut up before he turns into a grilled meat.

Yukari is definitely not the type of girl you want to mess with especially when she's in a bad mood or you will definitely bear the consequences.

What are the consequences?

I swear, you wouldn't want to know.

Nanami is the only person who can calm her down or talk to her within this particular stage of Yukari's life. Everyone was hoping for Nanami's appearance they couldn't handle the ominous aura inside the classroom!

Minutes passed by and it seems like the gods above heared their prayers! The door gently opened revealing a brown haired girl blessed with a lively beauty. Everyone was quiet but deep inside they were cheering in joy!

"Yo! Poverty! Your wierdo bestfriend is in a bad mood today! What kind of horrible lunch did you bring today?!" Isobe shouted as he slapped Nanami's shoulder using his right hand making the poor girl wince in pain as she drop into her knees. It seems like Isobe really wanted to turn into a grilled meat. Oh well! Better face the consequence!

Isobe's smiling face turned into a scaredy cat as Yukari held the wrist of his right hand her eyes were deadly as hell it could be!

"Don't touch my bestfriend so familiarly. If I hear your annoying voice again let me remind you that our classroom is located at the 5th floor I won't hesitate to throw you out of the window and feed your dead body to the crocodiles. DO. YOU. HEAR. ME?!" she gripped tighter into his wrist almost breaking his bones as he nodded teary eyed from the burning pain. Yukari threw his hands harshly as she went beside her bestfriend.

Her gaze turned into a soft one with her depressing aura fading away. Everyone was relieved as the ominous presence dissipated and it felt like everything was back to normal.

"Are you alright?" Yukari asked as she help her get up on her feet. She exercised her left arm a bit to remove the pain from Isobe's slap and soon enough the pain disappeared.

"I'm alright. What's up with the bad mood? Did something happen?" she answered looking straight at her bestfriend whose expression suddenly changed into a sad one. She was about to speak when the school bell rang from the hallway a sign that class will start soon. Yukari heaved a sigh before answering her bestfriend.

"Let's talk during lunch time." Nanami was worried that something really bad happened to her bestfriend as she look at her empty sad eyes. Yukari was disorted half of the day until lunch came. She didn't even notice that the teacher dismissed the class.

Nanami even called her almost 4 times before she finally jolted from her daze and they went straight at the rooftop and went to their usual seat.

"Okay. Now tell me..." Nanami said looking straight at Yukari's galaxy like eyes. She took deep breaths and gathered all the courage she have before speaking up.

"You see... mother and I received a call from my father yesterday. As you know my parents are seperated and never came into an agreement they always argue over small matters but this one is different and I didn't know that they had this kind of plan for me, before they got into a divorce my father and mother decided to let me stay here in Japan and 5 days before my 14 years of age... I... I will go and live in Paris with my father." it went quiet as the cool breeze brushed against their fair skin.

Nanami was quite suprised from the sudden news she heared. The two of them was inseparable and probably it was the least thing she expected to hear.

Yukari bursted into tears as she cried silently hugging her knees as she buried her face away from Nanami's sight. Her bestfriend was also teary eyed as she quickly gave Yukari a hug.

"I... I understand and do what you must. Even though it hurts to be separated from you this is not the end of our friendship. I know that someday we will see each other again." Nanami cheered but deep inside she was completely sad this will be the first seperation between them. Yukari was quite suprised from the reaction she received from her bestfriend. She thought she was going to be mad for breaking their promise not to be seperated from each other.

"Even so, what about you? Are you going to be fine? Your father is not a reliable one. Will you able to take care of yourself while i'm gone?" she spoke continuously. Yukari is a worrywart when it becomes to Nanami she was the only friend she had eversince. No one truly cared for her except her mother and Nanami. Her father was quite cold and eccentric because of his famous background.

"I'll be fine. I'm a strong independent woman like my mother! Right?" she said posing like the statue of liberty which made Yukari chuckle.

"Alright. I know you can handle yourself but please call or text me if something bad comes up or you need something. Okay?" Yukari said as Nanami nodded with an eye closed smile.

The two ate their lunch happily. Yukari's flight will be the day after tomorrow and they wanted to cherish every minute they have before Yukari leave Japan.

They might be seperated but deep inside they know that their hearts will be as close as it was. This is not the end, it will take years before they see each other again but they are willing to wait. They won't let destiny destroy their friendship.