the taco bell dog

Seeing as Josiah couldn't go home and get his car with Raelyn in the back seat, Hakeem agreed to drop them off at the appointment and come back in around an hour and a half to pick them up

"I'm not nobody daddy." Hakeem stated when they got out of the car, "Sneaking around to drop niggas off and shit."

"I'm like 100% sure no one's dad is sneaking to drop them off at an appointment. Tell him to stop cheating and you won't have to do it."

"That ain't got nothin' to do with me. If he wanna cheat then go 'head."

Hakeem didn't exactly dislike Kyra, he just didn't exactly like her either. It had nothing to do with what all the crazy shit that went on in her and Josiah's relationship, just the fact that she was always doing stuff he perceived to be extra. 

Case in point: Her sending the message to Rae saying Josiah didn't care about her having a difficult pregnancy. Hakeem felt like when Kyra decided to move back in after she knew about Raelyn, then she should've accepted that the man had a kid on the way that he had to take care of.

With that being said, Hakeem also didn't fuck with how Josiah was handling Raelyn since he stood his yellow ass in the hallway and told them that the baby was his, but wanted to switch up now to make his bitch happy.

"Niggas all the same." Brielle sighed, "I might as well get a bitch since y'all act like one anyway."

"You let them girls turn you out in there?"

Brielle shook her head and fought a smile, "Maybe."

Hakeem lived about 10 minutes from the hospital, so it made sense for them to go to his house to waste time. When they pulled into his yard, Brielle made a show of looking around, "Oh look, there's no one here."

"What you mean? Who else gone be here?"

She gave him a pointed glance, to which he responded, "She don't stay with me. That was her first time spending the night."

"Save that shit for somebody else because I don't believe it."

He let her move in after not knowing her that well, so of course she'd assume that he'd done the same for mayo packet.

"Bri she got a kid. You know how I am about my sleep and you think I'ma let somebody else child wake me up? Fuck nah."

"That's the only reason?"

Brielle hated how despite her hardest efforts, the uncertainness shone through her words as if she had the right to ask that question.

Hakeem still had yet to make a move to get out of the car, his hand remaining on the wheel, "You know it's not."

It seemed pointless to him to speak the words aloud when Brielle already knew what was up. She knew him better than most people in his life, so it was useless in answering her question in detail.