Chapter 8

"Then lastly take note of their skills, if its improving or not. You got it?" Kiyoko said. Teaching the girl on what the role of a manager will do. (Y/n) nods and faces the court.

Earlier, just when class ended, she practically ran to the gym due to her excitement in being the boys' manager. The moment the words left her mouth when she accepted the offer, she knew she won't regret her choice.

Holding the clipboard on one arm, she then start to observe the team's skill with a small smile on her beautiful face.

___________________________

Practice had ended but the team is currently in a little meeting. Sitting on the gym's floor, the boys faces Coach Ukai with Takeda-Sensei on his left while both of the girls stands on the other side.

"So," the coach said after clearing his throat. "Tomorrow we'll be having a practice match against Aoba Johsai. We will also be facing Oikawa Tooru. If any of you don't know him, he was rewarded as the best setter in the prefecture in middle school. If I remember correctly, you were in the same school right, Kageyama-kun?"

The team turns their head towards the raven haired boy sitting on the back row. Their eyes full of curiosity. Hearing his senpai's name made Kageyama furrow his brows together, not that they were in the first place. Gritting his teeth silently, he sends a nod to the coach.

"Well, you guys did a good job today but your receiving needs more improving. But for now eat a healthy dinner and rest. Okay, thats all. Clean up and go home!"

"Right!"

___________________________

The next day, the Karasuno's boys volleyball team has now arrived at the school Aoba Johsai. They all came on good shape and high spirits, making (Y/n) think they're going to win this practice match. Making their way to the gym where they're going to be practicing, she thought about the words Nishinoya and Tanaka said to her yesterday.

Flashback

"(Y/n)..."  Tanaka said making its way to the girl with the libero beside him. The team rest of the team is cleaning the gym, (Y/n) wondered how these two didn't get scolded for leaving their job. Seriousness was plastered on their face, making the girl think she was in trouble.

'Holy cow, did I do something wrong? Did I mess something up?' She internally had a battle with herself, mentally slapping herself for being clumsy. Now standing in front of her, they spoke in a small voice.  

"We will protect you.."

"E-eh?"

"We will protect you from the handsomely evil devil named Oikawa! We swore to never let him lay a finger on your goddess form! Muahahaha!" Both if them laugh evil-y. As if they were some villain in a story. (Y/n) just stood there with a 'you're-joking-right?' face while thinking of some strategy to use in these idiots incase they do something stupid in the future.

"Oi! Don't just stand there!" Ennoshita yelled, getting the trio's attention.

"Yeah. Help us out you idiots!"

End of Flashback

Finally at the gym's front door, coach opened it then they all said their greetings. After the greeting got returned, the coaches and advisers had a little chat while the rest of the team is warming up.

"Pst! Hey." Kindaichi whispered yell to his teammate, Yahaba. "Yahaba-san their managers are cute! Why don't we have a manager?" He ask, wailing with the best puppy eyes he can do.

Yahaba sigh before answering his underclassman's question. "That's because we have Oikawa. Girls just want to be manger to date him, well at least tries to date him." He groaned, remembering the numerous stack of papers they received for the manager position.

They both heard a chuckle from behind them and saw their beloved captain, Oikawa Toruu.

"Huh? What's this? Is someone jealous of my beauty?" He said, teasing his teammate. He was starting to laugh hysterically when a volleyball came flying towards him, specifically aimed at his head.

"Shut it, Trashykawa!" An irritated Iwaizumi said behind them. He was holding another volleyball in his hand, ready to throw it towards his childhood friend.

"So mean, Iwa-chaaa..."

___________________________

A/n:

Apologies for the lack of updates guys!! I'll try my best to continue this story after my exams are finished. But for now hope you enjoyed this!