innocence

Same night

Aanya has always been a heavy sleeper but disturbed with constant grunts and groans, she threw the blanket aside.

'Mayan stop making noises! I can't sleep!' She whined but got no response from the man sleeping with his back to her. As she shook him, she realised his arm was too warm to be normal.

Morning,...
Aanya opened her eyes only to find herself winded up with Mayan! Oh boy! This was gonna be embarrassing if he wakes up but why the hell is this room so cold?? She turned on the heaters last night, didn't she?...damn the heaters!.....
Aanya's sight caught something and now this guy was gonna be killed!!
Aanya- Maaayaaaaan!!!!
He woke up in a flash...
Aanya- what the hell is wrong with you??You had fever last night and you switched off the heater??...and you also have the guts to switch the AC ONNN!! Are you out of it?

She checked his forehead to find it just a little bit warm than normal...this man!!
She glared him n moved out of bed but forced him to take rest.
Aanya freshened up n went downstairs for the daily stuff but didn't forget to give him breakfast n meds on time.
She got a call from the hospital saying they have Mayan's blood reports out so she can take them whenever she wants or they will deliver it. Delivery was the better option of course!!
She went back to her room with dinner for both of them.
They had their meal in silence .

Anya-hmmm...Mayan...
Mayan- yeah
Anya-  your blood reports aye gonna be here till tomorrow.
Sans- hmm...
Swara- i know it's taking some time but once it's proven that u were drugged, is gonna prove your innocence and....
Mayan- exactly,  i have to prove to my item family that i am not a fucking molester... at this point i don't care if they believe me or don't.  The damage is done.  i don't care Aanya...really i dont.
But will you answer me one thing?

Anya- yes tell me?

Mayan- how did Jay's dad's ring was there? I mean i don't get it? The timing was too perfect.

Aanya- hmm..u know what Mr mayan! You have got a pretty talented wife😉 I took it off when i held his hand asking him to believe you😂😂

Mayan- wow mrs Mayan! Quite a talent u have. 😂
But this was so not you.
You always do good things. This was not a fair thing to do. 
Aanya- yeah it wasn't right.  But him raising a hand on you was not right either! Without any proof he just!! But you should have seen his face! He was baffled😂🤩

Mayan stared at her laughing face,  eyes closed, cheeks puffed...so pretty

They had their share of laughter and then the went to sleep.

The next morning she again woke up in his arms. Last night none of them went to the couch. Maybe the were getting comfortable and she trusted him enough now.

Anya got his reports and came to their room.

Aanya- heyy mayan wakeup wakeppppp!!! Your reports are...

They heard a clap sound life enough for them to get Startled.
They went downstairs and to their shock they saw Maira standing with her head bowed down , holding her left cheek and crying n Jay's mom stoof there angry.
Seeing Mayan, Jay's dad went to him

Jay's dad.

This was a shock for both of them!! Maira confessed her crime??!!!
Everyone was apologizing to him but his eyes were stuck on one person...Jay...He looked broken,he was just standing at a spot staring at Maira with something he was aware of. Mayan asked the elders to sleep now nd he wanted to talk to Jay and Maira.The elder went upstairs n now none of the four present there said anything.

Jay kept staring at his wife n after what felt like ages to him ,he moved towards his wife. He moved a hand up n saw Maira shut her eyes thinking he was gonna slap her.To her shock she felt 2 hands cup her face making her open her eyes.

Jay-😢 Whyy...whyyy!!
His voice was so soft n low that if the hall wasn't so quite they wouldn't have heard him.
The pain n hurt in his voice broke her She hurt the man she loves the most.

'Please baby, whyyy???'

' Because...I am..horrible, a horrible soulless human!' Maira sobbed not daring to look into his eyes.

'No! I don't believe it! The Maira I have known is a sweet girl who makes me smile, who is kind! What happened to you?!' Jay's voice trembled.

Maira spoke between her sobs ' No! You don't know what i have done! And i want you to listen to every sun i have committed,  listen so you could hate me!'

Jay stops her shaking his head & sobs,  removing his hands from her face, he turns to go only to be stopped in his tracks hearing her voice)

'Aanya didnt run away from your marriage! I...I pushed her into the river that day!
I AM SORRY ...I am so sorry!'

Jay stilled but didnt turn....just walked away...quitely.

__________________________