Three Seconds Left

Prologue

What would you do if you only had three seconds left to live? Would you put up a fight and give all you had left? Or would you simply just give up and accept the fact your already a dead person. No one will know what they will decide until it hits you head on, in the face with a slim time period to decide between life and death. Depending on what happened prier, will depend on if you still have will power to stand up against your greatest fear.

I am Martha Rhyme. Your typical nobody with no one but two lame friends, just like me. We avoid and hate people who present themselves as better than anyone or mainly in small terms the popular crowd. That was my top priority, until three days ago. I'm ugly with my desk thick glasses and a pale complication with night time black hair. I'm tall and defiantly not the skinny model type, but I'm not that big. No one acts as if I'm alive and no one could care less.

Mark is my closest friend. He has blond hair with hazel brown eyes. He is like the fairytale prince charming. Well if you like nerds that is. But because he hangs out with me, nobody notices him and just like me nobody cares.

Lavender is my other best friend. Not as close as Mark and I, but still close. We are all we got. She is short with brown hair and stormy gray eyes. And like me she is categorized as an ugly outcast.

Three days ago I got up to start my day off like any other typical day. That is when people started to notice me. Not because Mr. popular talked to me, no. But because I started to wear my hair down and got rid of my hideous glasses. I just wanted to look okay, for once. Worst decision ever.

Walking into school, looking down like usual. I had Mark and Lavender attached at both of my hips. Both were in grossed in a typical argument about if the people who claimed they landed on the moon really did or not. Wasn't the first time this was brought up and won’t be the last. We were abruptly stopped by a couple of guys standing in our way, I could have cared less about their names.

"Why, aren't we trying to get in with the big crowd?"

“I think someone is trying to hard. Too bad she's a waste."

"Yeah, she could have been to some good use."

"Well if she didn't look like she just rolled  out of a trash bag!" They talked back and forth like as if I wasn't standing right in front of them. The nerve of some people! Just because I'm use to this kind of action, doesn't mean I like it.

"Excuse me, I'm right in front of your face incase you haven't noticed!" I raised my voice at them.

"Oh, so she's feisty as well. Just how I like em', rough." They both started laughing at the ignorant joke.

"Perverts." I muttered just before turning to exit the school.

"Hey, where are you going Mar?" Lavender asked.

“It doesn't matter. I'll see you guys later." I said nonchalantly, just wanting to get some fresh air.

“Umm, well okay. I guess I'll see you later." Lavender said while Mark came up and gave me a side hug before leaving down the dull hallway. “Well that was weird." I heard Lavender say just before the main door closed tight behind me, leaving me trapped to myself.

Walking down the sidewalk, I thought about going back home but decided against it because I didn't want to explain to them why I came home early. Making up my mind I turned down a road that led to the old town park.

Kicking the rocks that rolled in my walkway, I was about three streets away when I heard something in the bushes right in front of me. Not caring about what was going on I kept walking until I waltzed right into the park entrance.

Letting my eyes scan over the overgrown area, I felt this cool rush of air blow through the park. I walked over to the bench and sat down on one of the fallen down slides before leaning back against the curve of the slide. Letting my eye lids fall close, I just listened to the sounds of the wind whipping through the vacant playground.

Feeling a hand fall over my eyes and another hand on my shoulder, I jolted to my feet trying to escape the hold they had on me. Letting me stand up, they still had my eyes covered as their other arm snaked around my waist pulling me flush up against a toned, rock-hard chest. I squirmed trying to get lose. I screamed, but because it was the middle of the day and I was in an abandon park, no one would be able to hear my pleas. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Why did I come here?!

"Shhh. Baby, it's just me. You remember me don't ya'?" He said. I froze in place hearing his voice. Then as if I automatically snapped back to reality, I started crying and screaming. No, this wasn't going to happen again. It couldn't.

"I’m not goin' hurt ya now. Relax. We're just goin' to go back to my place. I thought you learned better, but I have room for improvements." He said while making his grip tighten on me enough to where all I felt was searing pain ripple through out my whole body.

"Just let out May, May." He said squeezing me even tighter then before if that was possible.

“Now, now. No need to cry. I taught you better. Looks like my training didn't do as good as I thought." He said just before I felt the pain evaporate from my body only to be replaced with a sheet of darkness.