Act 2

One night, Xyler shut down his computer and phone as routine. He read a few pages of Alice in Wonderland and switched the light off. He let the blanket slither over him and remained in a still position.

"I will know when I am dreaming".

Emphasised traces of colours from the light absolving from his retina created images and moving pictures that made no sense and increased with severity. Then he felt himself open his eyelids and against the backdrop of the darkened ceiling came an out of body experience. He remained calm in the presence of the shifting walls and impressionistic hallucinations. It was critical that he remained calm or he would wake up from the lucid dream. His point of view was rolling away from his body, asleep in bed. The rolling built up to the skies in a matter of seconds. The rolling was inducing dizziness and he felt like passing out even though he was already sleeping. The blur of the night sky resulted in a quick tinge of scenery as his eyes fell upon a castle.

Fantasy elements. As soon he identified the dream sign, he felt his body return to him. And he noted his senses interacting with the dream world.

"Xyler. Will you accompany me into the castle?" A woman was beside him wearing clothes fit for royalty.

"Yes," Xyler said. He needed to go along with the dream or else he would be kicked out. There was a drawbridge that opened over the moat surrounding the spirally castle. At the bank of the moat on the far right was an almshouse. A churlish housekeeper was chasing a little girl with muck on her face. The almshouse had annexed the castle territory.

"Xyler. Can you have that almshouse removed from royal lands?" Xyler thought about what she was suggesting. This was still his dream. He could control it now. He removed the almshouse from his mind and in turn, the almshouse disappeared from the dream. Along with the inhabitants. He felt a little bit of guilt for his choice.