Act 5

He was still in the middle of the road. Except for the fact that the police station was much closer. No one was around anymore. It was completely silent - even the alarms had turned off. Everyone had reached the police station but Xyler was the only one who had passed out several times while trying to evacuate. From his point of view, he could see that the police station was overloaded and some families had to spend their time in spare hoosegow cells. Then he noticed something. He was taller. Extremely taller. He reached up to his face with his hands, but his arms were tiny. Two wings flapped beside him voluntarily. He was a dragon outside of the dream!

He screamed, but all that came out was burning embers. He fell from two legs but caught himself on four legs. It created a small eruption. But that small eruption didn't fade away. It instead pounded with intensity. And it was coming from behind Xyler. He turned around slowly, practicing his range of motion. In the middle of the road ahead of him, there stood - the same almshouse he removed from the dream along with the foster mother, child and punctuation stooges. This wasn't causing the minor eruption but rather, it was what was on the horizon.

Xyler's beady eyes focused on the horizon, trying to work out what it was. It looked like a bunch of hairy skin blocking out the rising sun. But ape noises can often be associated with apes. And so it was. A mass horde of apes heading towards the police station on this mildly suburban street. The one thing blocking them was Xyler. This was crazy, but he knew he could save the human race. He took massive steps toward the army of primates, flapping his wings to leap over the almshouse. The wind created by the flap blew the duke's toupe off his head.

Every step Xyler took matched the magnitude of the oncoming shrewdness of apes. The apes screeched as a warcry. Xyler breathed fire through the center of the horde. They split like a swarm of ants would and surrounded Xyler. He whipped his spiked tail at them, impaling some and tossing the rest into the air. The army of primates climbed onto Xyler from his feet and infested the dragon. But he kept on fighting and breathing fire and swinging his wings around.

Not long after, Xyler toppled to the ground and the apes continued to beat him. The last thing he saw was the police station fly off into the stratosphere. He had given them enough time to fly away. It wasn't just an evacuation of the suburbs. It was a global evacuation.