Snow

"I need a spark to light up my dull life" I once said to myself as I took my phone out from my pocket to locate the nearest coffee shop nearby. It was a cold winter night. It's been several months since I last found something fun.
As I approached the front door of the coffee shop I found on my phone's map application, I overheard the conversation of a couple as I walked past them.
"She was rumored to have been killed by her own boyfriend a couple of months ago. Nobody knows why and where the boyfriend is now" the girl tried to tell her boyfriend as quietly as possible.
"What a bastard." I chuckled in disbelief as I exhaled those words, now making my way to open the door. As I entered the shop, I saw a woman sitting on the corner of the place, staring through the glass at the falling snow like it's the most fascinating phenomenon she's come to witness.
"One Latte please, medium cup" I ordered as I reached my card to pay for it. I took my time looking at the woman I saw while waiting, studying each reaction that crossed her face. Messed up hair, bare face without a hint of makeup, curving light pink lips, slightly pointed nose that matched her smiling eyes. She was my definition of gorgeous. I was enthralled, amused as I watched her admire the falling snow.
"Sir. Sir. Excuse me sir. Here's your coffee sir" I was startled by the cashier because my attention was on the woman I laid my eyes on the whole time.
"Thanks" I replied as I got my coffee. And by the time I tried to look again at the woman who caught my eye, she was already looking at me, smiling too brightly that it was etched onto my mind.

"What are you staring at, young man?" the voice of the police officer brought me back to reality from that flashback of before they apprehended me that evening.
"Why did you kill your girlfriend on your 3rd anniversary, 3 months ago?" he asked another question. He was watching a dashcam video of me, stabbing the woman I love in the chest.
"Why aren't you questioning me about the man I shot in front of the coffee shop before you got me?" I asked in reply to his question. Yes, it's true. I killed the man in the couple I passed by when I went to the coffee shop; the same coffee shop where he used to meet my girlfriend while I was away, studying my ass off, struggling for our dreams. The same place where I saw my beloved one last time, staring through the glass; still looking at him, admiring him like he's the best sin she's ever committed.