Schedule

Bye baby! I won’t be having lunch here.” I announced to her who was still on the bed as I closed the door behind me. I’m a college student. And no, we’re not living together. She decided to spend her 3-day vacation at my pad.
I greeted the cold morning air, smiled and went on with my daily grind as a graduating student. Busy as it may seem, I’m also a small-time business owner of farming and hunting tools. And my plans in life were already laid out in the open, ready to be grasped. All of this is because I’m inlove.
Hey man, what’s up?” my closest friend, Julius came up to me and asked as he pulled the nearest chair to my desk.
Good, bruv. Everything is going well. Except for that damned program of ours that we need to finish before 3pm.” I answered, sighing.
I saw your girlfriend on my way here. She was at the front of the coffee shop. She looked like she was waiting for someone.” He replied.
Maybe she’s waiting for her bestfriend. She told me her bestfriend will be bringing her laptop which she left at her hometown.” I told him without pause, letting him know that my girlfriend tells me everything she does.
And with that, our conversation ended as soon as he pulled out his laptop to do what we came to school for. We spend the whole morning rummaging through our codes, testing and revising all the bugs we saw until our project was perfect. I was amazed of how we worked so well, we even managed to finish before lunch time. I had a sweet thought. I’ll surprise her with a good lunch. She’ll be happy to have me with her at lunch.
Tears ran down across my face as those memories of today’s morning flashed through my mind like a movie scene. I thought I’d be able to surprise her by eating with her this lunch I brought. Frozen, with knees about to buckle under me; I stood there watching my girlfriend, “eating” her bestfriend. The guy, sitting on my soft bed with his eyes closed like a king as my queen knelt in front of him; savoring the sin they’re both committing without noticing me.
Does it feel good?” I asked them with my voice shaking. And just like that, the man opened his eyes wide and my queen stiffened. Both of them were shocked, definitely not expecting me to come home earlier than expected. Maybe I shouldn’t have.
Maybe I should’ve followed my schedule back then. Maybe then, I wouldn’t see such a sight. Maybe then, I wouldn’t feel this overwhelming rage inside me. I shouldn’t have come. I wouldn’t be in this interrogation room, with blood on my hands if I didn’t go home out of schedule.