The Case of Haruki (Oneshot)

~HARUKI~

I woke up with a start. Feeling a bit sluggish, I lazily scanned the room. Unfamiliar with the sorrounding, I realized I wasn't in my own room. I tried to sit up as I rested my head in the headboard of the queen-sized bed. I was shocked when I became fully aware of my circumstances. I was completely naked underneath the quilt and I saw few hickeys everywhere my body.

Damn! What happened? I asked myself as I began to feel a great deal of pain especially in my lower part of body. I tried to reminisce what happened yesterday but all the memory I could grasped was when I left from my part-time job yesterday and proceeded to a nearby bar. What comes after that was all blury for me.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and emerged the last person I ever wanted to acquaint myself with.

"You awake?" the tall, well-built man in his mid-20's asked, drops of water were dripping from his black, wet hair down to his toned chest. He was only wearing a white towel secured around his waist and I wondered what he was sporting underneath that piece of cloth.

W-wait! Did I just think some dirty thoughts? I chasticed myself the moment I realized where my thoughts led me.

"You're cute when you're sober too, Haru-chan!" Tomo teased, bringing his face closer towards mine and I instantly turned crimson red. I pushed his face away but he just chuckled. Great!

"W-what happened yesterday?" I managed to ask, clutching the sheets tightly with both hands. Tomo pulled a chair beside the bed and sat on it, directly facing me. He released a sheepish grin before answering me.

"Oh! You don't remember?" my eybrows creased as I tried to recall yesterday's events.

"Damn! Spill it bastard!" I finally snarled defeatedly.

"Eh? Chill out Haru-chan." he said with a pout. "I happened to pass by the bar yesterday and was surprised to see you almost drowning yourself with those large glasses of beer. I sat beside you but I guessed you were too drunk to recognize me because you keep on blabbering some stuffs."

"S-stuffs?" I stuttered. Tomo just grinned before he answered.

"Yep! Like how you regretted breaking up with me."

All of a sudden, I felt my cheeks turned red with embarrasment. How I prayed that the ground would split into two and swallow me whole. Did I really spouted nonesense yesterday? I don't want to believe this but taking a swift peek at Tomo's face confirmed my doubts.

Tomo, son of a well-known businessman was my lover for almost two years. Due to social status, and me thinking that I don't deserve him, I decided to break up with him four months ago and vanished from his life. I left no explanation, just a piece of paper stating that I want to cut ties with him.

I tried to move on, or so I thought. My entire life has been revolving around him that the moment I left his side I was so lost as how to start anew. With Tomo's high profile and status, the last thing that I wanted to be was to become a burden for him.