✎┆ dear kim taehyung

╚»♡«╝

╚»♡«╝

Pairing: Taehyung x OC

Genre: Angst

Description: In which, after three years, a girl meets the person who scarred her heart once. But not every scar can be healed.

❥ 2nd Place winner in the oneshots category of the Dionysus Awards 2020 by kimjohope

❥ 1st Place winner in The BTS Shadow Awards 2020

╚»«╝

Dear Kim Taehyung.

She writes the three words on top of the page and stops for a moment to compose mentally what she would write next.

After thinking for a while, she understands. She could never compose beforehand what she was feeling. So, she starts staining the old, worn-out diary with ink again.

Do you have any idea how much time it took me to promise myself not to touch this diary again? I even convinced myself that what I felt at that time was just momentary. And as if just to prove me wrong, you're back again.

Back in my simple, yet messed up life. After three whole years.

I thought about it. Over and over. And I realized - you're unforgettable. Because as much as I tried to erase you from my memories, there hasn't been a single day that I didn't think about you.

It's weird how I remember everything about you, although I saw you for eight days only. I never really liked group therapy sessions. Thought one-on-one was a better option. But then my best friend made me sign up for one. And little did she know what she did.

She gave me a once-in-a-lifetime chance of meeting you.

You had dark circles under your eyes. Did you have to stay up at night for studying? Or was it insomnia? Whatever the reason, I guess we're even because you did take away many nights of sleep from me.

I don't think I ever saw someone with hair so messy, but still so good looking. I remember how your bangs used to fall into your eyes and how your fingernails used to dig into the palm of your hands due to the long time you kept them balled into fists.

It feels weird saying this after so long, but you were so, so attractive.

I never believed in love, let alone love at first sight. And yet, there you were. My love at first sight. At least, my one-sided love at first sight.