Chapter 2

Bowl of Destiny

"Camila?" the sound echoes beautifully in my mind. I can hear the voice, and it sounds like an angel.

I have died.

I realize.

"Earth to Camila!"

That's odd.

Why would God be using that harsh tone?

Am I in trouble!?

Panic hits me.

"I do not mean to be insensitive, but we do have to keep a schedule. Can you hear me, child!?"

Child?

That's... not God.

More of a bossy female.

I open my eyes, and sparkles of light seep through, resembling the diamonds that I once had in my possession.

Can we still want revenge even after death? Will I be eternally tormented with Lucus's betrayal?! Walking the city's alleyways, howling with the wind on the eve of my brutal death?! Naive teenagers will dress up as me for Halloween, draped in the stolen jewels with a knife sticking out of their stomachs? Fake blood everywhere. It would catch on like fire, the new fascination of my death. Then Hollywood would catch wind of the shocking legend and want to monopolize on the gold mine. My sad life suddenly becomes a blockbuster hit, gaining me the ultimate fame I always wanted!!

What irony.

"Any slower, and she'd be dead."

I blink, seeing faces looking down at me.

What. The. Hell.

Am I in Hell?

My brain is misfiring.

"Ahh, there she is. You see? She is not braindead like you'd thought." Came the voice of that MAN.

The man from the alleyway.