Chapter three

We are lead to our briefing rooms where we will be paired up with an FGI agent?

I thought we were the agents?

And, I usually work alone on jobs.

I am not sure if I like the idea of working with someone. That last person I worked with tried to kill me. I sniff as I lean back in my chair, eyeing the empty room. This place is surreal, my mind still having trouble that this is all real. I sit in the metal chair, drumming my fingers on the white marble desk in deep thought. Am I to be married to a prince on a different planet? This is so extreme. I close my eyes, imagining what it would be like to have royal blood. I have always faked my positions to steal costly things in my life.

Well, this will be the first time I will not fake who I am.

I muse on that.

I guess I am still faking, but this is different. Right? Who cares, though. I was invited to Harry and Megan's wedding, and I watched with silent envy, wishing that were me up there. Now, it will be me that everyone will envy. For once in my life, my cards are aces.

Nothin can beat an ace.

The door suddenly opens and in walks Pierce and a little weird looking...little person. It's like 4 feet tall with large eyes.

What is that??

"Camila, sorry for the wait." He smiles at me and nods to his left. "This is your FGI personal agent."

"Heya, toots."

My eyes widen as I take him in. He looks like 1980s Jigalow, complete with gold chains and an oversized beige suit for his chubby body. His sandy blond hair is long and pulled back into a pony, and his large purple eyes are heavy-lidded.

He takes a pull of...weed?! I can smell it. The smoke trails from his lips, and he coughs a couple of times. "Shiiiit."

"This is Steve," Pierce says and gives Steve a stern look.