Chapter 1

It was a fine, sunny morning, smoke rose from a fire pit that had been put out the other night. Wooden like dorms surrounded the campsite, it was quite nice comparing to the ones you put up tents and sleep in sleeping bags, this was very different.

A young 10 year old boy, with blue sparkling eyes and brown, fluffy hair was jumping around like a kid in a candy store along with other kids and surrounded the lady in a green and tan scout like uniform. "Alright folks, it's breakfast time, since this is your first night here in summer camp, I'll be showing you the way just in case you have forgotten." The lady said cheerfully with a strong country accent as she guided everyone to the shack.

The boy however, looked around, they were missing one and snuck off from the group to find the missing kid, he was a quiet one that's for sure but he did know where he went. To his dismay, he heard little sniffles and sobbing behind a bush, he pushed through them to see the missing kid.

"Hey, are you okay?" The boy asked, the other male shook his head and showed his knee, it was a scratch and looked pretty painful too. "Don't worry, I'll help you, we should go to the lake" he points to it as the other looked at his direction "we can clean it off and I can patch you up."

The little boy nodded and tried to get up as the other lended out his hand "my name's Jake by the way" the green haired boy blushed, grabbing the hand and stood up, Jake put one arm around him and placed his left hand on others waist as they walked to the lake to wash off.

"My....my name is Natsumi" the other mumbled, he was shy and thankful to have someone look for him

"Natsumi eh?" The other questioned as the other nodded as they both arrived at the lake, Jake sat him down and draped a leg over the wooded ledge of the bridge and cupped up some of the water and splashed it on the wound.

It stung but the other letted him continue. When that was done, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a navy green bandanna and tied it around Natsumi's leg.

"There, that should stop it from bleeding" Jake said with a smile, the green haired boy sat on his knees and gave the other a soft, sweet hug "thank you" He shyly spoke out, Jake never felt happier and hugged back.

"We should probably head back, everyone might be looking for us" Jake adjusted the others glasses and slicked a strand of soft, green hair behind the others ear, it felt like a romantic moment between them. Natsumi blushed brightly and smiled as they both gazed into each other's eyes.

"Yeah...we should" Natsumi giggled softly, only to feel a hand clenched in his as Jake stood up as he followed and couldn't believe what was happening, their hands soon became intertwined as the brown haired boy guided him to the camp sight.

"There you are, we were getting worried for a minute" the lady scoffed "s-sorry, I went to look for Natsumi and ended up with me patching him up and taking him here" Jake said his name perfectly as he stood there in daze, when it was his turn, he shook his head "um...I'm sorry I got lost because I was taking a walk around the camp and all the sudden I heard something, I went to look behind a bush and....tripped on a branch"

The other kids laughed as Jake had a look of sympathy and told them that if they were to get lost, they would do the same thing if one of their mates got lost. Jake took him by the hand again and walked into the dorm where food was held, to their disbelief..food was still left for them, one of the boys eyes glistened in delight as the other adored looking at him.

"Come on, I'm starving" the younger boy pulled the shy other. They grabbed their food and sat near a window of one of the benches and talked as they ate.

Night soon fell later than expected, a camp party was hosted at the centre of the campus, Natsumi stressed while pacing back and forth on what he was gonna wear but settled on a T-shirt and blue shorts.

Walking out of the cabin, he saw the same boy in a cuter look, he'd knew then and there that he was gay from beginning, he didn't mind it though, it just make him look unique compared to the other kids.