some secrets should be left alone

It was fairly early in the morning, five a.m. to be exact, and yet, there was a brave few hiking through the town's woods. Even after all the myths and the stories of those disappearing children, these three refused to believe that what they heard was true. 

     As seekers of the supernatural, they drove all over the country in search of places like this forest. Places where people had gone missing and their bodies found dismembered. They lived for places like those. It's what they thrived upon. 

     And here they were, once again, proving these myths to be horrible tragedies of the truth. 

     They called themselves; MythBusters

     I know, very unoriginal. Though they aren't necessarily like the show itself, they're more of the type of group that does this stuff for fun. Seekers of adventure, of danger, and whatever else you want to refer to them as. But here they are, five in the morning, walking through a forest that's rumored to be full of ghosts and ghouls. 

"Come on Tris, we've been out here for a while," A blond, green-eyed man says.  "I'm sure this is just like the last run we had."

"No, we can't leave now, Ivan, I know that this run is different," Tris said as she walked across a log that had fallen over a small stream. "It just has to be."

     With an uneasy expression, Ivan hurries behind Tris as another male follows behind the two of them. Peter is his name. A small kid with big dreams to get out of his hometown and forge his destiny. A very bright-eyed kid if you would say. 

     It was when they finally made it to where they were going when things became complicated. The three of them stood in a clearing in the forest. Well... it seemed as the trees were knocked down by something larger, rather than a clearing. 

     And there it was- the box that they had been aching to find for so long, was right in the middle. 

"I don't we should be here," Peter says as he slowly backs away from the other two slightly.

"I mean, we've been searching for so long," Ivan starts, "Shouldn't we at least be able to see what's inside the box?" 

     There was a long moment of silence between the three of them before Tris spoke up.

"Well then, go ahead," She said, moving off to the side to let Ivan go. 

     Starting ahead, he pushed back the shrubbery that crowded at his knees so he could finally step foot into the clearing. Peter was right, nothing he had ever seen could knock down so many trees like this. As he made his way towards the box, he kneeled in front of the box once he stood above it.

     With one motion, he opened it, revealing all the cloud of darkness that was sealed inside of it. Releasing the chaos that someone had sealed away for a reason. It swirled around Ivan as it directed itself towards Peter.