eight

tw: none

previously:

"Stop being cheesy." Virgil mumbled.

"Only when you stop being adorable." Roman retorted.

Virgil let out a groan, he shifted slightly on the sofa, lifting his face from the sleeve of Roman's jacket to Roman's shoulder.

"I could get used to this." Roman chuckled lightly, slinging an arm around Virgil.

Virgil practically melted into the man. He did his best to conceal his smile, but failed miserably.

"Awe, your smile is absolutely adorable." Roman was grinning and Virgil growled quietly. "Oh fine, I'll stop if I must."

Virgil's growls faded out and were soon replaced by soft snores at which Roman smiled. Virgil had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

Roman closed his eyes and smiled, letting himself drift off to his own dreamworld.

/ - \

It was the first time in days where Virgil felt like doing anything remotely productive besides letting Roman offer him his undivided attention and romance him.

Virgil had all of the pictures he'd taken so far in New York and was now on the was to a craft store for scrap booking materials.

Roman was glad that Virgil was finally ready to leave the apartment, he had been inside for days, and, if Roman was bing completely honest, seemed like he needed a bit of fresh air.

They arrived at the craft store about thirty minutes after leaving the apartment, Virgil's hand loosely holding Roman's.

"Do you know what you need?" Roman asked.

"Yep." Virgil replied quickly, popping the 'p.'

Virgil weaved through the isles quickly. He had found a large book, tons of paper, a few colorful Sharpie markers, a pair of scissors, a hot glue gun, and a bag of hot glue sticks.

The two were out of the store in less than half an hour, Virgil tucking the bag of supplies into his backpack and grabbing Roman's hand once more.

"I didn't think you'd be the one for hand holding in public." Roman teased.

"Shut up or I'll let go." Virgil threatened.

"Alright." Roman chuckled.

They walked back to the apartment, stopping once at a souvenir shop where Virgil got four refrigerator magnets that all said 'New York, New York.'

When Virgil and Roman had finally returned back to the apartment Virgil was in an especially good mood.

"Hey Ro, could you help me real quick before I start this project?" Virgil asked. He pulled the shopping bag wth the craft materials out of his backpack and laid them out on the table.

"Of course, firefly. How may I be of assistance?" Roman joined Virgil at the table.

"I need you to match pictures to paper. I want to try to fit at least two or three pictures on a page, but I don't know." Virgil explained and Roman nodded solemnly.

"I will perform my duty to the best of my abilities, dear firefly." Roman replied, taking the stack of Virgil's printed photos and the rather large booklet of paper they had gotten at the craft store.

Roman flipped through the pictures, stopping and smiling at two or three of the shots of them together, happy and smiling.

"You printed the pictures of us?" Roman asked, looking over at Virgil.

"Oh, um, yeah. Those aren't for this scrapbook. Can you set those ones aside please?" Virgil asked.

"Of course." Roman did as asked, setting the few pictures off to the side.

They worked together brilliantly. Roman matching pictures to paper and expertly laying out the pages while Virgil hastily cut and hot glued.

By evenfall the pair had finished a good portion of the book, leaving only a few pieces and pictures for Virgil to take care of later.

Virgil was ultimately glad he had asked Roman to help since the man made everything a lot faster. He had had fun. He was happy.

// an

early update bc i'm in a good mood. four more ch until we gone and it's time to pack this bitch up and shove it in the attic. (well more like four more chapters+thanks+qna+surprise+announcements for new stuff lmao). hope you enjoy <3