Chapter 5

Finally Doctor POV
The woman almost jumped out of the chair. So did I. God, she was learning fast. Her mother took her under her arms and hugged her. "You are...you are so..." She started crying. Sapphire looked at her. "Don't worry mum. I'm fine." Her mother stopped crying. "I know my dear, and I am so glad you are. Doc, you have to help her. You can't let them find her." "No, I won't let them find her as long as I live." She smiled. "Thank you, thank you so much." She froze. "Wait, she doesn't have a mwin, but you and I do have one. Can't they tell where we are?" "Yes, they can, but they don't know that Sapphire is here. And we haven't done anything against the government, so they won't have any interest in us. If not..." Wait. If they found out that I deleted the girl from the system they would come for me. Then they would find the girl as well. "What do you mean, delete me from the system? Will they come if they find out?" Sapphire looked at me with big eyes. "Oh, she can read minds too. Brilliant." Her mother looked at me with anger in her eyes. "You owe me a few answers now doc. You really do!" I sighed. "I had to delete her from the system because if not, they would find her. At least I gave her more time to get away." "No! You just opened a perfect path for them! You can't let them find her! Please doc, please!" She started to cry again. "Don't worry mum. They won't find us." "Yes, they will! Because of him!" She tried to swallow her tears. "No, mum. The doc is not the only one who wants to help us."