Another Day.

Since when will he be able to settle down for once? Without hiding, without his life full of subtle apprehension. In all honesty, if he wasn't so looked up to by other investigators, his life would most likely be heaven like right about now.

Lawliet, or what he mostly preferred, Ryuzaki, was tired. Tired of having all these investigations to solve, lots of families and other random citizens depending on him.

He never complained, though. In order to calm or satisfy himself, he'd repeatedly ask for candy, or other sweet things like strawberry cake, which is his favorite.

The young detective sat in a rather seemingly uncomfortable position, knees touching his chest, his feet placed upon the arms of the small chair that he was in. The baggy denim jeans didn't give him the look of being such a smart individual. His eyes were pitch black, racoon-like features on the bottom parts of his eyes. It looked like he had lack of sleep.

His shirt was clean, but it looked as baggy as his pants, except that the shirt seemed more comfortable. His black, spiky hair flowed slightly as he nodded at the other's remarks about random conversations. In all honesty, he wasn't even listening to what the people were saying. He just took another bite of the large piece of his strawberry cake that was placed in front of him. He patiently tapped his toes onto the arms of the chair, scratching his scalp with the corners of his mouth slightly stretched about.

"So what you're telling me is that your case is about an adolescent killing his whole family, but clearly has a disability of not even walking. Though his family was upstairs he suddenly had the ability to walk or crawl all the way up those stairs just to murder his family." Said a detective behind L.

Immediately, the raven cleared his throat, swallowing the last part of his cake before he turned over to the speaking detective that asked the other a question.

"Well,"

Ryuzaki lifted his hand in the air, showing others that he does not mean to show others how to do their jobs, though at the same time, he doesn't give a damn.

"If the young boy had a disability that caused him not to walk, then how is  it even possible? If there were to be other family members in that house, they would notice that something is not as right. Was he found upstairs with the family upstairs?" Ryuzaki's calmed voice asked, eyeing the others that were listening to his thoughts.

"N-no. He was found downstairs, but was out of his wheelchair. There was no sign of forced entry."

Ryuzaki cleared his throat, slowly shaking his head at the thought at such foolish workers. The boy had a disability, for goodness sake. He couldn't get upstairs without help.-

"And did you ask him any questions about this case?"

He mumbled, placing his thumb inside his mouth while using his free hand to take another bite of his treat.

For a moment, there was silence, so he assumed that the answer is no.

"I thought so. Poor child. He must be traumatized. Drop the charges."

"B-but we can't! We don't have any evidence that he's innocent, Ryuzaki. The police cannot-"

The detective was interrupted by a bitten strawberry being thrown at him. He gasped and picked it up, glaring at the advanced detective.

"And you have no evidence to prove that he's guilty. So drop it."

His voice sounded a little firm, proving that he was serious.

After a few days, the charges against the young boy was dropped, but the investigation continued.

Stupid police, they need to know how to get their job done-.