Chapter 14

Warning: May find many errors as it's NOT EDITED.

The night was dark and hushed, a perfect time to start your studies

The night was dark and hushed, a perfect time to start your studies. I was a person who could only start my actual studies the night before the exam and that too, I would only start after midnight. However, even though I study with my friends from college, none of the things tarries in my small head. I always had to start fresh the day before the exam, stay up till five in the morning, then again wake up at seven and always felt to doze off while writing exams.

Nevertheless, I was not able to concentrate on my studies as my mind were somewhere else. Only two more exams, will I get to see him in these two days?

Something in me perceived that he would be there in the college as these were the final days of his college life. Talha likewise apprised me that Shaym used to come to college in the evening. Although, I never saw him as we used to leave college in the afternoon, as soon as our exam finish.

I unwillingly drifted off to sleep when it was almost dawn, I didn't even feel a bit tiredness but, the only reason I slept was that I required some energy to write my exam.

The only good thing about me in the exams was, I always used to reach early and never was late. I was glad for this behaviour, only during exams. I used to keep bit notes to copy in the exams but I stopped it when I felt like it was wrong to do like that.

I felt like I was cheating myself and my parents, who hated acts like this. But this doesn't mean I don't ask questions to others during the exam. Gladly, the topper of the class was always in my exam hall, so it was easy to ask the multiple-choice questions from her.

The other interesting part about exams were, Talha's roll number was just before mine, and he always used to sit in front of me. Hence, it was easy for us to write the exam as we could discuss and draft.

But my poor Talha invariably gets frightened and hesitate to look into my paper and copy. He was a boy who does not like deceiving anyone and he did not like disturbing or troubling others while writing exams by asking them questions. Therefore, that fool never even asks me, if he does not know any of the answers. And, I was the one who perpetually urges him, 'Which answer do you want? Did you write those questions? Do you want this answer? And the list goes on.

How can someone be consequently innocent and obedient, right?

In a swift, three-hour exam came to an end. I along with Talha rushed out from the class to meet our other friends who were in another class. "Did you write question 21 when I showed you my answer paper?" I asked Talha.

"Ah, a little."

"A little!? I showed you my paper for almost fifteen minutes and you didn't write it full?! ARGH. Just leave it." I roared at him, then stopped because the exam had already ended and my tantrum was unnecessary.