Chapter 4: For Those Who Believe

"Where are you Christmas~. Do you remember~. The one you used to know~." 

********************************************

Heidi's POV 

(Time skip)

I woke up, and saw I was in my bed. Was it all a dream? I looked down, and saw that I was in the pajamas from last night. It couldn't have been a dream! Right? I saw a note on my desk. I walked over, and

picked it up.

"I hope you have a good year. See you next Christmas.

From, Bernard.

P.S. I hope you like your pajamas." I read. "I guess it wasn't a dream." I changed into my regular clothes, and walked downstairs. I heard Charlie and dad talking. I saw Charlie opening gifts. "Morning, Charlie."

"Morning Heidi." Charlie said, as I sat down next to him. He passed me a small gift.

"What's this?" I asked. "Who is it from?"

"I don't know. But it says it's for you." He said. I opened it, and saw a small bell inside. It had a note inside. 

"For those who believe, the bell will always ring

"For those who believe, the bell will always ring." I read.

"Well, ring it." Charlie said. I shook the bell, but I couldn't hear anything.

"Is it broken?" I asked.

"What are you talking about? Can't you hear it?" He asked.

"You can hear it?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. I shrugged my shoulders. I put the bell back in the box. I noticed that dad was sitting on the couch. I saw his pajamas were worse than mine were.

"Oh my god." I said, laughing.

"What?" Dad asked.

"You're pajamas are so much worse than mine." I said, laughing.

"Ha Ha Ha." Dad said, sarcastically. I heard the doorbell ring. Charlie ran to the door, and opened it.

"Oh Charlie! Merry Christmas, honey!" Mom said. I walked over to her. "Hi honey."

"Hi mom." I said, as she hugged me.

"Merry Christmas." She said. I pulled away.

"Same to you, mom." I said.

"Did you have a good time?" Mom asked.

"Great time! The best!" Charlie said.

"Great. Scott, nice P.J.s. Very festive. Where'd you get them?" Mom asked.

"I don't know." Dad said.

"Judy gave them to you." Charlie said.

"Judy, really?" Mom said.

"Who?" Dad asked.

"Up at the North Pole." Charlie said.

"Ah. One of Santa's little helpers." Mom said.

"Last night, dad, Heidi and me went with the flying reindeer. It was really neat, mom. Dad was Santa, and Larry showed me and Heidi the workshop." Charlie said. "You know, where they make all the toys?"

"Gee, thanks for keeping his feet on the ground." Mom said.

"You bet." Dad said.

"Honey, you two go wait in the car for a minute. I'll be right there." Mom said, as Charlie passed me my bag. Dad kissed the tops of our heads.

"Merry Christmas." Dad said.

"Bye dad." We said.

"Thanks for a great night at the North Pole." Charlie said. We walked outside, and I opened the door to the car.

"Hi kids." Neal said.

"Hi." We said.

"Charlie. Heidi." Dad said. I opened the door, as dad walked up to us.

"Scott." Neal said.

"Hi dad." We said.

"Nice jammies." Neal said.

"Thanks. About what you said in the house...who showed you two the workshop?" Dad asked.

"The elf." Charlie said.

"How'd I get the pajamas?" Dad asked.

"I told you. Judy." Charlie said.

"Oh, wait, wait." Dad said. "Judy was the name of the waitress at the restaurant last night."

"Some waitress gave you pajamas?" Mom asked.

"What's this all about?" Neal asked.

"Dad took me and Heidi to the North Pole, and Larry showed us the workshop." Charlie said.

"The North Pole." Neal said.

"Yeah. Dad's the new Santa." Charlie said. "The regular Santa fell off the roof and dad put on the suit."

"Charlie, we'll discuss this at home." Neal said. I knew they didn't believe Charlie. And I wanted to. But I just couldn't. I got in the car next to Charlie, and I shut the door.

(Time skip)

I was in class, waiting for class to start, when kids surrounded my desk.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Is your dad Santa?" A boy asked.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Because you stupid brother said that your dad's Santa Claus." A girl said.

"He's just a kid. He's allowed to believe in that stuff at his age." I said.

"Do you believe in Santa?" A boy asked. I didn't answer. "Look guys, she believes her dad is Santa Claus." The kids laughed. "Her mommy is Mrs. Claus." They laughed again. "And that stepfather of hers is Rudolph. Instead of his nose, his ugly sweater lights up." The kids laughed even harder.

"Sit down!" The teacher yelled, coming into the room. I sighed. I hate school.

(Time skip)

I was walking and saw Mom and Neal at one car, and Dad at the other. Charlie was in dad's car.

"Hey kiddo." Dad said. "Wanna ride with me Charlie to the zoo?" I didn't answer. I walked to Neal's car, and I got in. I sighed.