Chapter 12: We've Got A Problem

"The joy of Christmas~." 

******************************************

Heidi's POV 

(Time skip)

"Look, there's mom and Neal's street." Charlie said. "Can we go there next?"

"Sure." Dad said.

"I made something for them at the workshop." Charlie said.

(Time skip)

Me and Charlie we're waiting on the roof. Then, we see dad getting arrested.

"Oh no." I said, hearing the kids beg for them to let Santa go. I saw mom and Neal walk back into the house, as the police left with dad.

"Heidi, I'm c-cold." Charlie said. I pulled him closer to me. And I hugged him.

"Hopefully, the elves find out that something's wrong." I said.

Third Person's POV

"We've got a problem." Judy said. "Santa was at the Millers, but he's not responding. And I'm not getting anything from Heidi saying what's wrong."

"Well, time to deploy E. L. F. S." Quintin said. Bernard got up, and he ran over to the rope. He pulled it, ringing a huge bell.

"I hope the kid's okay." He muttered, thinking about a certain girl he has grown to like as a friend.

Heidi's POV

(Time skip)

I was falling asleep, when I heard a bang. I looked to see 4 elves standing in front of us.

"Charlie? Heidi?" A boy elf asked.

"Yeah?" Charlie asked, cuddling closer to me.

"Don't worry. We're the good guys." The boy said. "Come on, let's go save Santa." He flew over to us, using his jet pack.

"We can't." I said. "The police are watching this place."

"Yeah. They probably are." The boy said. "But you see, we weren't figuring on walking out the front door. We find that..we can get around a lot faster if we fly. Now, grab hold of my hands." We grabbed his hands. Charlie on his right, and me on his left. "And hang on tight. And guys?"

"Yeah?" We asked.

"Don't ever try this without elf supervision." The boy said. And we flew off.