Nightmare Cared, But Did Dream?

Nightmare's pov

I felt a strong sorce of negativity in an AU. I tried not to think about it because I knew it was just Dream. But the negative pull was just so strong and unforgiving that I had to go check.

I entered the AU and of course it was dreamtale. I walked around a bit when I could see the tree in the distance. I saw a faint silhouette of Dream. I sighed.

"I knew this was a stupid idea." I said to myself turning back, when I noticed Dream screaming things.

"Huh? I never shouted thing when I ate the apple. I just screamed a lot. What the heck is going on" I ran over to the tree faintly hearing the screams and cries get louder. And the vision of my brother get clearer.

"What the he-" " Are you happy? Are you satisfied with my suffering?" I was interrupted by Dream." Can he hear me? What is he talking about? "I got closer to the tree starting to climb it.

He shouted some other things I didn't hear, but I eventually got to the branch he was on.

"Dream! Dream! Can you hear me?" I shouted hopefully that Dream would snap out of whatever was,
"It's all because of you! You think I didn't want to save him!?" I froze when I heard those words come from him. I silently listened I didn't think he knew I was there because he just kept shouting nonsense.
"I tried so hard to help him! He pushed me away!" It was hard to remember my past self. I could only remember the horrible times when people would hurt me, but I certainly don't remember pushing Dream away.
"Ok sure I was naive and believed him when he said those scars were just him falling off the tree! I know I was playing right into his trap when he smiled that fake smile!" I looked at Dream shocked. How did he know this and not me. I don't recall any of this. I looked back up at Dream. Tears starting to fall from his eyes.

"Dream? Why did I agree to this" I said angry at myself because this was all probably because of me. What did we ever do to deserve this pain?

"I just wanted to see him happy!" I looked at Dream. What did he just say?
"We promised to never keep secrets from eachother. But he held his pain from me!" Dreams suddenly winced from the pain.
"You want me to stop now. Because you know I'm right." He smirked. What was he talking about? Who is he talking to? Does he know I'm here? "Well, I know you know I'm right. You can't deny it." He said starting to black out.
"No no no no. Dream! Stay with me! Dream! Why the hell did I ever want to hurt you?!" I said as Dream started going more limp and leaning towards the edge of the tree.
"That's fine because it's your fault for all this." What? Was it my fault I thought to myself. I suddenly felt Dream shift closer to the edge. I held on tightly to his arm.
"Wasn't it a good karma? Weren't you glad to finally know the truth?" He said as he went fully limp and blacked out. He was lucky I was there or else he would have fallen off of the tree and hurt himself.

I sighed. This was all so confusing. Who was Dream talking to. Why did this idea suddenly pop into his head? Did he know I was there the entire time and was talking to me? Was I to blame? A million questions ran through my head. We just wanted to be brothers. Is that to much to ask for? I sighed once more picking him up and carrying him back home. We'll, my home. I knew everyone would blame me for murdering Dream and get attacked if I brought him up above.

As I was going back to the castle, I wondered if Dream ever took care of me like this. I know I was the older twin by a few seconds, but, did Dream ever care for me?

I cared about Dream, but did Dream care about me?

It didn't matter. It never does. Why would anyone care if I helped care for Dream. I'll just get attacked either way.

I put him in a spare room and let him rest. God was today an eventful day. So many questions filled my head. Questions that I'm not sure if I want answers to.

Welp. I might as well get some rest too. I said looking around at the empty room. Guess everyone had the same idea.

Good night bad past. See you later hopeful future. Whatever is present I will get through. Good night.